Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,316   Online: 1222

Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

APUG UK 2005 Autumn Gathering

at Franks Request ... here it is.

any thoughts on locations/ times/ anything else?

Shooter
    127 Format
    Well I chickened out this time - a combination of other comitments, and not being able to face an 8 hour drive. I'd REALLY like to make it next time.

While my failure to participate takes away any right to make requests for next time, but could we have it somewhere further south. As a Geordie it pains me to say that, but as I work on the South Coast, somewhere like Bath/Bristol/Oxford would be more practical.

Oh yeah - I getting married in September, so most of that's out too...

Mid October?

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you do it in August of between xmass and new years I might beable to make it...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 127

Oh yeah - I getting married in September, so most of that's out too...
    Shift the wedding?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ta Leon! When the other thread has reached 21 pages I think it's only a few people who are still checking it!

Avebury was mentioned on the other thread and is one of my favourite venues. Avoiding the bank holiday at the end of August would probably be a good thing (unless we want to take pictures of tourists!). Early November would give us the option of shooting some Autumn colour to let our B&W stock last a little longer (also a good option when it persists down (like it did every time we reached for our cameras in Keswick!))...

So long as there's food, wine, a little personal abuse and the universe going foom, I'm there!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 127
    While my failure to participate takes away any right to make requests for next time
    Cobblers!

This is why I asked for a new thread, so that people who couldn't make it the last time would start tuning in again and let us know what kind of meet they could do!

The people I met at the last UK Gathering were a particularly decent group of individuals (Of course, I'll deny this later if quoted! Pack of scoundrels, the lot of them! ). I look forward to making the aquaintance of more of the UK APUGgers at the next one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm quite keen on avebury too (you wouldnt have known it would you!). there is plenty to keep the rock huggers like me happy, lots of other places nearby, like Uffington castle and White Horse only a short drive away, always lots of people/ tourists around there for the people photographers, and I have often visited at the end of October in the past and had great weather

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think Marlborough is close by, and should be a good source of accommodation. Personally I favour mid to late October since (a) it avoids the wedding, and (b) I shall be ready for a break by then, and (c) It should be Autumn.

I’ve scanned a couple of negatives this evening thinking they were from last weekend, and what do you know, one is of Avebury – well one old rock looks much like any other, doesn’t it Leon? I shall post them in a moment.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been to the Avebury area a couple of times - oddly enough, never actually photographed the circle. Tried shooting the Avenue and West Kennet Long Barrow with no great success. Leon will have to give a masterclass...

Now, if we can arrange it for a full moon (Sunday Oct 16th - Moonrise 16:30, sunset 17:00), some night photography might be in order...

Cheers, Bob.

BTW, it stopped raining Sunday afternoon in Cumbria and didn't rain again during the day until Friday afternoon.... typical...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    good to see you got back ok Bob. looking forward to seeing your pics.

I have some neg scans from the weekend in my personal gallery

Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin