Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,495   Online: 1006

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverprint UK

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Have mostly only good things to say about them. Their annoying minimum £25 order is the only thing that keeps me from ordering more stuff from them. They really need to get with the times and have online ordering too, there isn't really an excuse in this day and age.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used Silverprint for some time. I find, these days, that I can't even get film locally these days. I have always found them reliable and efficient. I have no problem with the minimum £25 order as usually bulk order twice a year. I would agree with the previous poster, online ordering would make things much more convenient.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I ordered recently from Greece with a fax order requesting a quote for shipping. I didn't receive a reply and I hadn't had time to follow up on the lack of response on their part I had assumed that the order didn't go through but the goods arrived over a month later.

Everything arrived in good shape and it was what I wanted but there was a whopping shipping bill of 60 pounds, a fair price I'm sure, but I wanted to know about it beforehand.

I would order something from them again but only something that I definitely couldn't get somewhere else and probably only lighter items, powdered chemicals and such which as you see from Mark's reply above they don't ship.
    Good luck,
    James

Shooter
    35mm

Mostly fine.

The only bad thing I have heard about this supplier is that they are rumored to sell Rodinal. Of course this alone should be enough to discourage anyone from using them. Anyone that sells Rosinal can not be all good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    The only bad thing I have heard about this supplier is that they are rumored to sell Rodinal. Of course this alone should be enough to discourage anyone from using them. Anyone that sells Rosinal can not be all good.
    At least spell the name right when you are trying to annoy me!

Welcome to my ignore list

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Here in the UK, I get a lot of my mail-order stuff from Silverprint (except film for which there are cheaper alternatives).
    What cheaper alternatives. I know I ask this a long time after you replied. Can anyone here (including you, Bob) point me to a great online film supplier. I am really in need of film now, and although I still have my local supplier I am looking around in case that I can get the films cheaper.

Greetings Morten

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    What cheaper alternatives. I know I ask this a long time after you replied. Can anyone here (including you, Bob) point me to a great online film supplier. I am really in need of film now, and although I still have my local supplier I am looking around in case that I can get the films cheaper.

Greetings Morten

in uk - www.7dayshop.com

not sure if they ship internationally though morten

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto

Greetings Morten
    Leon has already given what I think is the cheapest (being based in the Channel Islands, 7dayshop can avoid VAT charges on small value items - not sure if that works for overseas orders though) but I usually buy from Speedgraphic (http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/html/discountfilm.html - this is a single frame page - use http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk to get to the front page). They have a minimum order of 10 rolls to get those prices but that's not a problem as I usually buy 20 or 30 at a time. They do ship to Europe.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Leon has already given what I think is the cheapest (being based in the Channel Islands, 7dayshop can avoid VAT charges on small value items - not sure if that works for overseas orders though) but I usually buy from Speedgraphic (http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/html/discountfilm.html - this is a single frame page - use http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk to get to the front page). They have a minimum order of 10 rolls to get those prices but that's not a problem as I usually buy 20 or 30 at a time. They do ship to Europe.

Cheers, Bob.
    THANKS. I think I will use Speedgraphic. Their prices are ok, and the shipping costs are acceptable when buying a good load of film, I hope to get some other danish photogs to order with me to make it cheaper in the end.
    7dayshop seems ok, too. but their tax-free does not apply to people outside UK, and I will not bother to calculate the costs or have do deal with taxes that always seems to bring the overall price up where I hate it to be.

Thanks again.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hi Morten,

I've used Silverprint in the past with no problems, although as everyone has mentioned they don't tell you when things are out of stock.

The company I use the most though is Firstcall at www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk. They accept online ordering and on the whole they are cheaper than Silverprint. But they don't stock chemicals I looked up their delivery charges a couple of months ago for someone in the US and it seemed to be the same as the UK -- about GBP 5. I assume that Denmark will be the same. This may have changed now!

As far as film is concerned I too use 7dayshop a lot, but they do take ages to deliver. If I'm in a hurry, I use Mathers or Mailshots. Mathers is at www.mathersoflancashire.co.uk and Mailshots are at www.mailshots.co.uk. Mailshots accept online ordering. They are both slightly more expensive than 7dayshop but they deliver next day. At least here in the UK

Cheers

Mike

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin