Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,231   Online: 830

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverprint UK

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I have had no problems ordering from DK..
    I also have chemicals shipped with out problems.. that might be because og the EU thing (Schengen)
    in the beginning I ordered personally - if you have your card ready, the shipment and delivery will be fast..
    (I once ordered 5 liters liquid emulsion - that was monday evening - it arriwed at my doorstep thuesday morning. )

now I order from my school, and we don't hace to pay in advance any more(good customer, I guess)
    If you call them, they will tell you how much the shipment will cost, so it shouldn't be a surprise when it arriwes..

go for it - they are good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi
    go for it - they are good.
    Are you refering to Silverprint?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I buy my fibre paper and some chemicals and toners from Silverprint. Excellant service, would be nice if they had an online shop though.
    All my general consumables, film, RC paper, batteries, ink, inkjet paper, CD's, DVD's etc I get from www.7dayshop.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg
    The company I use the most though is Firstcall at www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk. They accept online ordering and on the whole they are cheaper than Silverprint. But they don't stock chemicals
    That should have read "raw" chemicals. They stock all the main film & paper chemicals, toners etc.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    7dayshop.com for film, Silverprint for paper and Rayco for raw chemicals. Might be worth looking at http://www.retrophotographic.com BLIGHTY
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Blighty
    7dayshop.com for film, Silverprint for paper and Rayco for raw chemicals. Might be worth looking at http://www.retrophotographic.com BLIGHTY
    Rayco has gone through a transitional period (buy out) recently and their site is down and 'phone number changed. I spoke to David Jenkins tonight and there seems to be a couple of things that need to be ironed out. I have always had superb service from Rayco, the chemical range is extensive, the price has been fair as well as the delivery charge and no minimum order. I don't know if Rayco will ship outside the UK, but David is amenable to ideas. Rayco can be contacted on 01283 763768.
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Silverprint UK

Anyone here have problems dealing with Silverprint as a foreign purchaser?

I sent them an email asking about some film they have on clearance, I wanted to know the film exp. date and shipping costs for 60 pounds worth. I got a reply back with a list of buying tips for overseas orders which stated a minimum order of 100 pounds was required. Also my credit card details were needed before a shipping price would be given.

I replied back to say I wanted to know the exp. date before I would go any further and was happy to buy 100 pounds worth.

Never heard back from them. Surely my request wasn't too difficult?

any ideas?

Clayton

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by claytume
    Anyone here have problems dealing with Silverprint as a foreign purchaser?

I sent them an email asking about some film they have on clearance, I wanted to know the film exp. date and shipping costs for 60 pounds worth. I got a reply back with a list of buying tips for overseas orders which stated a minimum order of 100 pounds was required. Also my credit card details were needed before a shipping price would be given.

I replied back to say I wanted to know the exp. date before I would go any further and was happy to buy 100 pounds worth.

Never heard back from them. Surely my request wasn't too difficult?

any ideas?

Clayton
    Silverprint carry a great product range, including lots of stuff that is really hard to find elsewhere. On the other hand, they don't give discounts (OK, their overheads are high with all the stock) and their staff are highly quirky (if you phone, they take a long time to answer and sound as if your call is an interruption they really don't need). I would imagine they are no more fastidious with e-mails. Most dealers would automatically list the expiry date with clearance films, anyhow. As you probably know, you can view shipping costs at www.parcelforce.co.uk, I know from experience that surface mail to NZ is really slow, airmail might wipe out any savings over fresh film. If you really want the film, I would phone!

Some of the best prices on film in the UK are from http://www.mathersoflancashire.co.uk/
    Assuming you want 35 mm or 120, Mathers' prices for fresh film would be half what Silverprint charge, maybe even less than Silverprint's clearance prices.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    David

they have rolls of Portra 4" x 175m that I've never seen anywhere else. I suspect they're for use in a film recorder and no one is using them now. I have a 5x12" camera and would use the film with a spacer in the holders, my enlarger only takes a 4" high neg but the full 12" length so the film is perfect for my setup. I've been using 5" aerial and wasting the top inch when enlarging.

The rolls are only 10 pounds each which is rediculously cheap so I'm happy to get a few. I imagine there aren't too many buyers out there for this film.

I also have no idea of the weight and a guess could be a long way out.

I thought I might be dealing with a quirky bunch as you mentioned. For now I don't want to bombard them with emails in case they just ignore me.

As you suggest it may pay to phone them, I think we're 12 hours ahead so have to time it right.

thanks for the reply
    Clayton

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I ordered once from Greece with a fax order requesting a quote for shipping. I didn't receive a reply and I hadn't had time to follow up on the lack of response on their part. I had assumed that the order didn't go through but the goods arrived over a month later.

Everything arrived in good shape and it was what I wanted but there was a whopping shipping bill of 60 pounds, a fair price I'm sure, but I wanted to know about it beforehand.

I would order something from them again but only something that I definitely couldn't get somewhere else.
    Best of luck,
    James

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin