Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,483   Online: 1051

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverprint UK

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Silverprint

Hi

I am about to place an order at Silverprint, and would like some comments on them as a dealer. Are they good and reliable?

Morten

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here in the UK, I get a lot of my mail-order stuff from Silverprint (except film for which there are cheaper alternatives).

The only downside I have ever had from them is that they can be slow to dispatch. If they have evey thing you want in stock, fine - it will go out within 24 hours but, if they do not have an item in stock, they will tend to sit on the order for a few days while they get supplies in. In the last 6 months or so, they have now started phoning me back to tell me if an item is out of stock, so they have improved somewhat in that respect lately. In the past, before they started doing this, an order could arrive the next day, or 8 days later....

Other than that, I've never had a problem.

Probably best to tell them to contact you if anything is out of stock when you place the order. Obviously, I can't speak about their deliveries to overseas destinations.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I've bought a few bits from them. Everything arrive promptly and correctly.

The only problem is they don't have online ordering. You can email your order in (definatly a good idea if you're buying chemicals - ferrous, ferric, etc) but have to phone though your credit card number.

On one occasion I get someone who seemed to have poor grasp of English. He seemed very confused, that I wanted to confirm and pay for an order! I got a call back an hour later from someone much more alert and helpfull apologising that he'd written my card details down wrongly. Everythign arrived safe and sound though...

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've used them a couple of times and they've been very professional. No complaints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Without a doubt they are the best UK supplier of darkroom materials. It does pay to shop around but Martin is usually OK price wise on most thing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll try them. Thanks for the comments!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I faxed an order to them on Monday and it was delivered Wednesday, very well packed.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    all good experiences for me

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would order from them again.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    Hi

I am about to place an order at Silverprint, and would like some comments on them as a dealer. Are they good and reliable?

Morten
    I see most respondents to this query are in the UK.

I once tried to order some toner from them and got a curt one line reply-we don't ship chemicals
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin