Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,859   Online: 986

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philldresser
    Dave

I am suprised he gets a look in with the Cheesecake

Phill
    He doesn't; it's all mine. Frank can have a small (very) malt as compensation for all the work he's done on this one.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Plans at these events are generally made by Frank on the Friday evening between cheesecake and malt.
    Oi!

Now look, I want to strongly disagree with the above statement ('cept for the cheesecake and malt bit)! Just 'cos I've got the loudest mouth at the table doesn't make this a one-man committee! Besides we usually all get lost within an hour or so of setting off on the Saturday anyway!

It actually might be an idea to list a few likely spots that people are interested in shooting. The Dragon has a spout-type waterfall at the bottom of the garden for those who can't bear to be more than a short walk from a beer pump, but my favourite in the area is Scaleber Force near Settle (a bit of a scramble but a lovely location).

Any more suggestions?

In summary - We are meeting at The Green Dragon in Hardraw near Hawes in the Yorkshire Dales on the weekend of 22/23 April (a shade over three weeks off). Most of us are assembling on the evening of Friday 21 April for food, ale and a chat.

The Saturday is generally spent wandering around the locale doing a bit of shooting at whatever takes our fancy. In the Dales subjects should not be too hard to find, especially if your preferred material includes hills, fields, dry-stone walls, farmhouses, barns, waterfalls, sheep and gormless-looking photographers!

The Saturday evening is generally used as an excuse for more food, more ale and more chat, whilst the Sunday usually involves a bit more shooting until people make their farewells and head for home.

I believe the Green Dragon is now fully booked (worth a try, though!) but there should be plenty more accommodation 5 mins drive down the road in Hawes. See www.wensleydale.org for more details.

Hope to see you there!

Frank
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm very sorry to say that my wife and I won't make it to this event, which is a shame because I've been really looking forward to it.

It's not all bad news however, the reason we can't come is because we expecting our first baby (!) and I've decided I need to save the time of work for when he or she comes along

Hope you guys have a great time, I will (finally) get chance to meet some of you at Ilford in June

Ben.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ben, that's a pathetic excuse! Where are your priorities, man?! You're only forgiven if you promise to make lots of photographs of the new arrival and post them in the galleries for us!

Seriously though, many congratulations mate and well worth dropping out of the weekend for. All the very best and we will (hopefully) see you in June!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Seriously though, many congratulations mate and well worth dropping out of the weekend for. All the very best and we will (hopefully) see you in June!
    Thank you! I promise to make lots of pictures to make up for it

I am genuinely disappointed not to be coming along, I was determined to finally make it to an APUG gathering. However the hotel and time off work is booked for the Ilford trip in June, so short of natural disasters (and probably even then...) I'll see you then

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Oi!

Now look, I want to strongly disagree with the above statement ('cept for the cheesecake and malt bit)! Just 'cos I've got the loudest mouth at the table doesn't make this a one-man committee! Besides we usually all get lost within an hour or so of setting off on the Saturday anyway!

It actually might be an idea to list a few likely spots that people are interested in shooting. The Dragon has a spout-type waterfall at the bottom of the garden for those who can't bear to be more than a short walk from a beer pump, but my favourite in the area is Scaleber Force near Settle (a bit of a scramble but a lovely location).

Any more suggestions?

In summary - We are meeting at The Green Dragon in Hardraw near Hawes in the Yorkshire Dales on the weekend of 22/23 April (a shade over three weeks off). Most of us are assembling on the evening of Friday 21 April for food, ale and a chat.

The Saturday is generally spent wandering around the locale doing a bit of shooting at whatever takes our fancy. In the Dales subjects should not be too hard to find, especially if your preferred material includes hills, fields, dry-stone walls, farmhouses, barns, waterfalls, sheep and gormless-looking photographers!

The Saturday evening is generally used as an excuse for more food, more ale and more chat, whilst the Sunday usually involves a bit more shooting until people make their farewells and head for home.

I believe the Green Dragon is now fully booked (worth a try, though!) but there should be plenty more accommodation 5 mins drive down the road in Hawes. See www.wensleydale.org for more details.

Hope to see you there!

Frank
    I'm thinking a nice close up of of the old beer pumps might be nice. Bring along The FDK Beast and some glass plates :-) Just a pity it takes so long to sort each image - I might need refreshment

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Two things to add to the list Frank.
    1. Please everyone, bring along some of your prints to show off to the rest of us. It’s nice to see what other are up to.
    2. Weather permitting there is a railway viaduct not too far away that may provide a few pics. I’ve never been there so cannot say for sure.
    Maybe Richard may like to pitch in, being a local, he will have a better idea than most.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've no clue as to what is around the area so I'm happy to tag along with the majority. I've been thinking about which prints to bring already Dave - I'll definitely bring along a few holga shots especially for you

How many of us are going?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats Ben! So that's you out of our little meetings for the next 16 years or so then... Hope it all goes brilliantly well for all of you!

On the subject of locations, I've never been to the Dales for some reason but Aysgarth Falls looks quite good - a flight of small waterfalls just down Wenslydale from our pub. Having said that, I'm happy to bag whatever pops up over the weekend...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    I've no clue as to what is around the area so I'm happy to tag along with the majority. I've been thinking about which prints to bring already Dave - I'll definitely bring along a few holga shots especially for you

How many of us are going?
    That's nice. I will bring my dark glasses to veiw them through.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin