Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,458   Online: 1090

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Based on Richard's advice, I suggest we spend Saturday morning in and around Hardraw itself. It's a small enough place that anyone arriving should just need to wander about a bit and look out for people carrying tripods! It also gives us a crack at the waterfall, the churchyard, a bridge and stream, a bit of woodland, beer pumps (Andrea!)... ...and various opportunities for candids of odd-looking individuals carrying tripods for those of you of a sadistic nature! (Ian and Mandy, are you coming?!)

I may head over to Ribblehead for a dawn shoot at the viaduct (anyone else is welcome to join me!). Then again, depending on weather and the aftereffects of real ale, I may not! Even if I do go, I'll be back for breakfast!

Once we're all assembled we can pick another location for the afternoon, drawing on Richard's inestimable local knowledge (and I think I owe you a pint for all the help, by the way!), and so on.

How does this suit? Anyone want to do anything else?

Summary

We are meeting at The Green Dragon in Hardraw near Hawes in the Yorkshire Dales on the weekend of 22/23 April (the weekend after Easter!). Most of us are gathering on the evening of Friday 21 April for food, ale and a chat.

The Saturday is generally spent wandering around the locale doing a bit of shooting at whatever takes our fancy. In the Dales subjects should not be too hard to find, especially if your preferred material includes hills, fields, dry-stone walls, farmhouses, barns, waterfalls, sheep and gormless-looking photographers!

The Saturday evening is generally used as an excuse for more food, more ale and more chat, whilst the Sunday usually involves a bit more shooting until people make their farewells and head for home.

I believe the Green Dragon is now fully booked (worth a try, though!) but there should be plenty more accommodation 5 mins drive down the road in Hawes. See www.wensleydale.org for more details.

Hope to see you there!

Frank
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm up for a dawn excursion - weather permitting - and would also like to try a bit of night photogrpahy given the right subject etc .... we'll see how it goes. It would be good to have a final roll call to see who is coming ...

I'll go first.

I'm going

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Me too, with Tony in tow.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I thought I might stop by...!

<edit>I'll send out a few PM's to people who've expressed an interest but not been active in the thread recently<edit>
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    I thought I might stop by...!
    Cheesecake; mmmmmmmmmmm
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll see you on the Friday evening! I've had 10 rolls of SFX in the fridge for months ready for this!

Rob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Archer
    I'll see you on the Friday evening! I've had 10 rolls of SFX in the fridge for months ready for this!

Rob
    Better bring a big red flashgun then; because if the weather is like last year!!! :o

Only joking, Frank has organised this, so good weather is assured.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in, see you Friday night sometime.

Barry

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'll be there too. Myself and my better half are making a long week-end of it starting Thursday.
    Eric.
    Born again photographer!!!!! Looking for inspiration

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi folks

I am a newish member of APUG who has recently returned to monochrome photography after a gap of over 20 years. I've been looking at the galleries and following some of the forums for a few months now without getting too involved, and only picked up this thread last night. As a near neighbour of Richard's who lives in Wensleydale (a little place called Thornton Rust, about 5 miles from Hardraw) I was wondering if I might come along on the Friday evening to meet some of you? Its a great shame but I can't make it on the Saturday as I am out walking with friends in the Lakes and while I am available on Sunday I suspect that most of you will be setting out earlyish (hangovers permitting!) for journeys back home, so Friday is probably the only chance I'll get to meet up.

Graham

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin