Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,337   Online: 967

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philldresser
    Frank

Have it on good authority from me that it was his belly nudging the Easel. Dave was nowhere in sight

Phill
    This is a technical problem common to many photographers (including myself)known as 'barrel distortion' and as a long-term sufferer I fear a weekend at the Green Dragon may excacerbate it. I recall a reference to the problem in a recent edition of 'B&W Photography'.

Look forward to meeting you all on Friday

Rob

Shooter
    127 Format
    Hi All,

Mandy and I were hoping to make it, but we've actually know for some time it was a long shot...

If you remember from the last meet up, I got driven home cause Mandy wasn't drinking... Well now she has some belly nudging issues of her own :-))))) We'd just found out a day or so before the autumn meeting that we have a baby due at the end of June.

We were optimistically hoping that she'd be up to traveling - everythings going great, but she's just too tired to make a long trip.

We did have a room booked, and I'm not sure if Mandy's canceled it yet - if anyone wants it, then PM me asap, as we'll have to give them a call tonight to let them know we're not going to be there.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GFDarlington
    As a near neighbour of Richard's who lives in Wensleydale (a little place called Thornton Rust, about 5 miles from Hardraw) I was wondering if I might come along on the Friday evening to meet some of you?
    I look forward to meeting you Graham, and everyone else for that matter. I think staying in the Hardraw area Sat am is a good idea. The only mobile network that works (I think) in Hardraw is O2 so maybe looking out for tripods is the best way to find one another. We can always leave a message behind the bar for the later arrivals to point them in the right direction.

See you all then!

Regards
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 127
    Hi All,

Mandy and I were hoping to make it, but we've actually know for some time it was a long shot...

If you remember from the last meet up, I got driven home cause Mandy wasn't drinking... Well now she has some belly nudging issues of her own :-))))) We'd just found out a day or so before the autumn meeting that we have a baby due at the end of June.

We were optimistically hoping that she'd be up to traveling - everythings going great, but she's just too tired to make a long trip.

We did have a room booked, and I'm not sure if Mandy's canceled it yet - if anyone wants it, then PM me asap, as we'll have to give them a call tonight to let them know we're not going to be there.

Ian
    Hey! Congrats to you and Mandy! Sorry to miss you, but well, first things first... Keep us posted!

Best of luck, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mandy and Ian, may I add my congratulations as well.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ian and Mandy - Many, many congratulations! I'm really delighted for you both! All the very best.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    It looks as though my wife, Ann, And I will not now be able to make it - a family matter has arisen and needs to be sorted out this weekend.

If anyone is looking for a double room at the Green Dragon, I'm just about to phone them and cancel my booking.

Maybe next time.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sorry to hear that John.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sad to see a few dropping away as other more important life events pop up.

The good news (for me) is that I'm still coming... The annoying bit (for me) is that I won't be able to get away on Friday so will turn up Saturday morning.

The good news (for me) is that I will be there all week - I had to trade Friday against the week as my business partner is in Portugal this week and *someone* has to sit around staring at the phone...

I should arrive by 9am, so if you've all b*gg*red off by then, perhaps you can leave a note for me and the other stragglers, or I still have FrankB's mobile number from the Spring Gathering but as suggested mobiles may not work in the Dales (I have visions of teleporting vehicles leaving the rest of us in its wake as in the Lakes last year)...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    John and Anne - You'll be sadly missed, but family comes first. I hope it works out well for you in the end.

BobF and anyone else arriving on Saturday morning - The general plan involves being in and around Hardraw for most of Saturday morning to give people a chance to find us. It's quite a small place so check at the Green Dragon and, failing that, have a wander around looking for people carrying tripods...! The churchyard, the bridge and stream and the waterfall accessed through the pub are all likely places. I'll leave my mobile on and will PM the number to attendees who want it, but the chances of me getting a signal are fairly non-existant.

Everyone else - Well, we're (sadly) a bit depleted from our former glory but still quite numerous and on for a promising weekend. The forecast according to the Beeb has clouds on Saturday with 12 mph wind and light showers / sunny spells on Sunday with 6 mph wind, which could be a lot worse (last year in Keswick springs to mind...!).

All being well, I'll be arriving on Friday in late afternoon / early evening and will be around in the bar once I've offloaded and checked in.

Summary

We are meeting at The Green Dragon in Hardraw near Hawes in the Yorkshire Dales on the weekend of 22/23 April (this weekend!). Most of us are gathering on the evening of Friday 21 April for food, ale and a chat.

The Saturday is generally spent wandering around the locale (initially in Hardraw itself) doing a bit of shooting at whatever takes our fancy. In the Dales subjects should not be too hard to find, especially if your preferred material includes hills, fields, dry-stone walls, farmhouses, barns, waterfalls, sheep and gormless-looking photographers!

The Saturday evening is generally used as an excuse for more food, more ale and more chat, whilst the Sunday usually involves a bit more shooting until people make their farewells and head for home.

I believe the Green Dragon is now fully booked (worth a try, though!) but there should be plenty more accommodation 5 mins drive down the road in Hawes. See www.wensleydale.org for more details.

Hope to see you there!

Frank
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin