Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,237   Online: 1083

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Malham has an excellent limestone pavement. Can't promise a tree... ...course, if you bring one of those and Leon brings his rocks we should be set!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Malham has an excellent limestone pavement. Can't promise a tree... ...course, if you bring one of those and Leon brings his rocks we should be set!
    Good idea. I've got a plastic christamas tree will that do Bob?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    The food is good, the beer is very good, the female bar staff generally meets a high standard of aesthetic acceptability(!)
    Well, I'm only staying if the male bar staff reach an equivalent - if not superior - standard.

Having just come back from four days in Scotland, where waterfalls come out of your ears, I'd be interested in doing a compare and contrast with the Dales. Yes, I might actually make this one - finally! Although I'm with Leon on the wedding anniversary front - mine's April 3rd, so if we could avoid any dates around that time please...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    how about the weekend of the 8th/9th april then? I know it's along way off, but I need to get my dates in teh leave book at work asap to avoid a repeat of last weekend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailsa
    Well, I'm only staying if the male bar staff reach an equivalent - if not superior - standard.
    Well, I'm not qualified to assess; you'll have to come along and give us the benefit of your experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Ailsa
    Having just come back from four days in Scotland, where waterfalls come out of your ears, I'd be interested in doing a compare and contrast with the Dales. Yes, I might actually make this one - finally! Although I'm with Leon on the wedding anniversary front - mine's April 3rd, so if we could avoid any dates around that time please...
    It would be great to have you join us. We'll take all the bad dates out of the hat and see if there's anything left.

(Worth mentioning that I think the Green Dragon is quite popular, so booking well in advance would probably be a good option.)

Dates to avoid -
    Leon has an issue with the weekend of 18th/19th March
    Ailsa can't make 3rd April (weekend is 1st/2nd)
    It's Easter 14-17 April.

Any more that would cause a problem for people?
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    LOL! - Hmmmm.... now there's an idea for a surreal series - a chrissymas tree shot in unusual situations...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the 'fairy on the top' would complain bitterly on a limestone pavement in April!

I also hope to make it this time.

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Following Leon's nomination, has anyone any difficulty with the 8th/9th of April?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Following Leon's nomination, has anyone any difficulty with the 8th/9th of April?
    Yes, I think I might have. Sorreeeeee! It's just that it coincides with the Paris-Roubaix cycling classic, which is an annual pilgrimage for the husband and me - and nothing gets in the way of it, I'm afraid! Sorry to be a pain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a shot in the dark, but what about a mid-week meeting, say Wednesday eve to Friday? Upside is that it avoids people's busy weekends and avoids the maximum tourist days. Downside of course is that it's more difficult for people to attend as they would have to use up two or three days of holiday time...

Cheers, Bob.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin