Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,778   Online: 894

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just to add to the litany of obstacles, it's Mr Ailsa's birthday on 11th March, and a weekend spent carrying my tripod probably isn't on his present list. Honestly, men can just be so selfish.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    I'm going to have to be a complete pain and say the 11/12 march or the 29/30th april. But if that doesnt fit in with everyone else ... I'll bow out again and say I'll be there for autumn '06.
    Leon, you're right again. 4th/5th March is my birthday but I'll be in LA at the Silver Conference. 11th/12th March I'll still be in the US probably somewhere in the south and 29th/30th April I'll be either in Toronto or on the way to Toronto so it looks as though I'll have to miss this one.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's looking like we're not going to be able to get everybody around the table on this one unless we either go earlier (brass monkey weather and possibly treacherous road conditions on some very interesting roads) or later (more tourists, dawn held at an uncivilised hour, starting to encroach on the year's second meeting).

Okay, all I can think of doing is taking out the public holiday weekends (April 15/16 and April 29/30 (just too many tourists in the area)) and checking who can do which dates. The date with the most available people (subject to available accomodation, etc.) wins.

Here are the dates. If all interested parties could respond giving an Aye or Nay against each of the dates, I'd be obliged.

4/5 March
    11/12 March
    18/19 March
    25/26 March
    1/2 April
    8/9 April
    22/23 April

(If anyone's got a better approach to cracking this one, that'd be good too...)

The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailsa
    Just to add to the litany of obstacles, it's Mr Ailsa's birthday on 11th March, and a weekend spent carrying my tripod probably isn't on his present list. Honestly, men can just be so selfish.
    Leave him behind; Frankb will carry your tripod - I would offer, but it's my birthday too.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    It's looking like we're not going to be able to get everybody around the table on this one unless we either go earlier (brass monkey weather and possibly treacherous road conditions on some very interesting roads) or later (more tourists, dawn held at an uncivilised hour, starting to encroach on the year's second meeting).

Okay, all I can think of doing is taking out the public holiday weekends (April 15/16 and April 29/30 (just too many tourists in the area)) and checking who can do which dates. The date with the most available people (subject to available accomodation, etc.) wins.

Here are the dates. If all interested parties could respond giving an Aye or Nay against each of the dates, I'd be obliged.

4/5 March
    11/12 March
    18/19 March
    25/26 March
    1/2 April
    8/9 April
    22/23 April

(If anyone's got a better approach to cracking this one, that'd be good too...)

I would prefer March, since April is getting too close to the summer hols! However we can fit in anytime.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Either that or buy him his own tripod for his birthday (he might then get the hint! ).

Ta Dave!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Either that or buy him his own tripod for his birthday (he might then get the hint! ).

Ta Dave!
    That's ok Frank; I'll share the cheese cake with you. That's one of the two slices you are committed to buy me; or was it three.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave

Go easy on the cheesecakes. Just remember that they help move easels.

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    127 Format
    All of these are OK-ish for me and the Mrs (now an APUG convert, and subscriber [MandyS have a peek at her gallery]. Either she had a good time last weekend, or she just recons we need kept an eye on).

The end of April might be a problem, and May is worse, so put us down as OK for:

4/5 March
    11/12 March
    18/19 March
    25/26 March
    1/2 April
    8/9 April

I'd rather stay away from the first two as well if possible - I didn't attend last Spring - or should I say last Winter, but I didn't need to be there to learn a lesson.

Ian
    Last edited by 127; 10-24-2005 at 04:54 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added May Info

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philldresser
    Dave

Go easy on the cheesecakes. Just remember that they help move easels.

Phill
    Ok wise guy; there are some things that I don’t need reminding of; anyway that was before the cheesecake.
    Given the pessimistic weather forecast for the coming winter, we may get snow in the Dales, that will be a pleasant change from the Lakes weekend.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin