Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,528   Posts: 1,572,423   Online: 1168

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 127
    All of these are OK-ish for me and the Mrs (now an APUG convert, and subscriber [MandyS have a peek at her gallery]. Either she had a good time last weekend,
    Hope so!

or she just recons we need kept an eye on).
    Ah yes, that does seem more likely...!

I'd rather stay away from the first two as well if possible - I didn't attend last Spring - or should I say last Winter, but I didn't need to be there to learn a lesson.
    Yes... When we said we'd lost Peter and Les we didn't mean that we'd lost Peter and Les, you know!

<Terribly-faked Hollywood macho accent>Not on my watch!</Terribly-faked Hollywood macho accent>

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Given the pessimistic weather forecast for the coming winter, we may get snow in the Dales, that will be a pleasant change from the Lakes weekend.
    ...and the photographers came in four-by-fours, hurrah!

If you've a Landy handy then fair enough. I'm not that keen on taking my Focus around those roads in ice and snow, though. After Sedburgh it's not exactly dual-carriageway, you know...

(If anyone hasn't been round there before, take a look at the A684 between Sedbergh and Hawes on Multimap 1:25,000 scale and count the contour lines! :rolleyes: It's okay in good weather, though.)
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format

Big Spanner in Works Time

What about meeting in May instead? No easter or other school hols - only 2 BH weekends to avoid, and the likelihood of slightly better weather ....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, I wasn't going to call you a Big Spanner, but if you insist...

Okay, at Leon's suggestion (and with apologies to those who have already responded) I'll add those dates to the selection -

4/5 March
    11/12 March
    18/19 March
    25/26 March
    1/2 April
    8/9 April
    22/23 April
    6/7 May (clashing with the APUG conference for Les and any other pond-hoppers)
    13/14 May
    20/21 May

Aye's and Nay's for each please.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll aye for:

22/23 April
    13/14 may
    21/22 may

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    I'll aye for:

22/23 April
    13/14 may
    21/22 may

I'll aye for those, too - and point out that Saturday 13th May is a full moon, so potential for night shots if it's clear...?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm afraid I'm out of the spring gathering I'll be in the US from the end of April until well into June
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Okay, the one weekend which most people reckon they can make (some more easily than others) is 22/23 April. It's also one of the few weekends in the period we're looking at when the Inn currently doesn't have a band booked, so I reckon that's going to have to be it.

The list (taken from my spreadsheet (yes, it really has got that complex!)) looks like this - Leon, Ailsa, BobF and yours truly with Dave Miller as 'not ideal but do-able' and 127 (Ian) & MandyS as 'not ideal but hopefully do-able'. AndyBax might also be able to make it, but won't know until closer to the time.

Andrea? How about yourself?

I've spoken to the Green Dragon (I should really have prog rock playing in the background when I say things like that, shouldn't I?!) and they currently have enough space for us all. (Mind you they also currently have a second waterfall in the bar! :o ) They do tend to book up quickly though so I wouldn't wait too long before booking.

Their number is 01969 667392, their address is Green Dragon Inn, Hardraw, North Yorkshire DL8 3LZ and their website is http://www.greendragonhardraw.co.uk/

Phew...!

Les - Gutted you won't be there, sir. If you find yourself passing J23 M6 one weekend then give me a bell and I'll buy you a pint in lieu of your birthday.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank's for that Frank, you can go and have a lie down now.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'd love to come. I think the previous w/e i'm in Holland with my Team of "finely tuned muscle machines" [Ailsa 2005] at the Amstel Gold. So, if I have survived the tasting of the sponsors wares, I hope to be there! Thanks for thinking of me. Most kind

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bring some back for the rest of us! Man (and woman, come to think of it) does not live by emulsion alone!

Hopefully we can manage more of a natter this time around.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin