Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,638   Online: 851

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Creative Monochrome

Thought that I should give AREM a plug on account of exemplary service received. I ordered a batch of printing paper from them via their web site AREM on Saturday evening the 3rd Dec, and it was delivered this morning, Tuesday 6th Dec. That’s good service by any standards, and very competitive prices to boot. :o
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Thought that I should give AREM a plug on account of exemplary service received. I ordered a batch of printing paper from them via their web site AREM on Saturday the 3rd Dec, and it was delivered this morning, Monday 5th Dec. That’s good service by any standards, and very competitive prices to boot. :o
    Dave. Always interested in good suppliers so tried your underlined AREM and got an access forbidden page from BT Broadband. Then tried to search for AREM in Yahoo and what was there seemed to bear little ressemblance to a photographic supplier.

Any advice?

Thanks

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser
    Dave. Always interested in good suppliers so tried your underlined AREM and got an access forbidden page from BT Broadband. Then tried to search for AREM in Yahoo and what was there seemed to bear little ressemblance to a photographic supplier.

Any advice?

Thanks

Pentaxuser
    Typical of BT; their server seems to be down right now so the link dosn't work at the moment.

The company is AREM Publishing who most will know as Creative Monochrome. They publish Mono magazine, and the annual Best of Friends book, now at issue 12. They also mail order a lot of goodies useful in the darkroom. They also do digital crud, but I won't mention that here. :rolleyes:
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hi Dave,

What's Mono and the Best of Friends book like? Are they mainly traditional B&W?

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. Link is still down but at least I know I've got the right one. When I saw the forbidden page and it was a photographic site I thought that the wife had restricted my access by the parental control filter!

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg
    Hi Dave,

What's Mono and the Best of Friends book like? Are they mainly traditional B&W?

Cheers

Mike
    Well Mike, B & W image in a book is digital these days, but I guess you mean the originals. I guess I should quote the editors notes:
    72% of the images originate from film.
    41% were then processed traditionally to the print stage.

I think the standard is very high with some very good images displayed. They are now accepting submissions for issue 13, so why not give it a go and improve that trad' ratio.

Mono is an A4 bi-monthly of about 40 pages, a sample is viewable on their website - when its working. I enjoy it although as with all magazines there is too much digital in it.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks Dave, I might give them a try for a year.

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg
    Thanks Dave, I might give them a try for a year.

Cheers

Mike
    Well worth it.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    They have also been responsible for the publication of some very good books of photographers' work, including one of Kathy Harcom's pictures, a member of the APUG "family".
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The links working again.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin