Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,632   Online: 723
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Dave Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle England
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,894
    Images
    2

    Yorkshire Monochrome Group

    For those of you who went to Avebury a while back the are a couple of nice snaps on the Yorkshire Monochrome Group site showing what it should look like. Apart from that, Robin maintains an interesting site.
    Regards Dave.

    An English Eye


  2. #2
    Schlapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Isle of Lewis, Scotland
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    739
    Images
    99
    Ah yes. Somehow mine didn't quite have that look :-(

  3. #3
    Dave Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle England
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,894
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlapp
    Ah yes. Somehow mine didn't quite have that look :-(
    Mine neither, maybe because the sun shone whilst we were there?
    Regards Dave.

    An English Eye


  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Daventry, Northamptonshire, England
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    7,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    For those of you who went to Avebury a while back the are a couple of nice snaps on the Yorkshire Monochrome Group site showing what it should look like. Apart from that, Robin maintains an interesting site.
    Avebury shot looks great. Mind you as a newcomer to B&W printing I was fascinated by what Tim Rudman demonstrated was possible at the printing stage with a stone circle in his Master Printing book. His straight print of it was very ordinary but his finished print conjured up a mystical scene reminiscent of a celtic twilight. Do we know what darkroom manipulation Avebury received?

    Pentaxuser

  5. #5
    Dave Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle England
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,894
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser
    Avebury shot looks great. Mind you as a newcomer to B&W printing I was fascinated by what Tim Rudman demonstrated was possible at the printing stage with a stone circle in his Master Printing book. His straight print of it was very ordinary but his finished print conjured up a mystical scene reminiscent of a celtic twilight. Do we know what darkroom manipulation Avebury received?

    Pentaxuser
    Not sure, but it has the look of a Lith print. Could simply be a split tone of selenium / gold.
    Regards Dave.

    An English Eye


  6. #6
    roy
    roy is offline
    roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    West Sussex
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,306
    I like the Van Dyke print by Robert Redman, "Dead Lilies". It is different to some of the VDBs others are doing and shows the versatility of the process.
    Roy Groombridge.

    Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

  7. #7
    Bob F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,984
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Mine neither, maybe because the sun shone whilst we were there?
    Yep, that would be it, good point, well made...

    Now is a better time of year methinks - lots of morning mist and fog...

  8. #8
    Dave Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle England
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,894
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Yep, that would be it, good point, well made...

    Now is a better time of year methinks - lots of morning mist and fog...
    Then again I prefer a suntan to frost bite.
    Regards Dave.

    An English Eye


  9. #9
    FrankB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northwest UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,147
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Mine neither, maybe because the sun shone whilst we were there?
    Yeah, mine look like a bunch of rocks too... :rolleyes:

    (Point of order - This is not a cue for Mr McLean to post stunning shots of the Avebury circle from the October Gathering just to make us all feel even more inadequate! Nobody loves a smartarse! )
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

  10. #10
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    7,221

    Small World

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    For those of you who went to Avebury a while back the are a couple of nice snaps on the Yorkshire Monochrome Group site showing what it should look like. Apart from that, Robin maintains an interesting site.
    What a small world Dave, the picture of Loch Shiel by Marjorie Furmston. Marjorie and her husband Tony are old friends I haven't seen for nearly twenty years, and had lost touch with they are both F.R.P.S and as well as being good photographers are lovely people, I'm going to try and look them up again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin