Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,536   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    For those with reasonable access to the west Country Focal Point will get 5litre containers of pretty well anything. Look up their website: www.focalpointphotographic.co.uk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a lousy website. Take too long looking at the front page and it bounces you to an inside page?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    What a lousy website. Take too long looking at the front page and it bounces you to an inside page?
    Which one, or is that all of them?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    It shows you the News section after 10 seconds or so from the front page but the site menu remains on the left hand side so you do not lose any functionality. Besides, Silverprint's news is often quite interesting, including their attempts on using 50 year old Gevaluxe paper, how to convert the wooden box in which Rollei film comes into a pinhole camera and latest product info on Agfa etc, so I don't see a problem.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eh, sorry...I'm crabby. I design sites for clients and I'd never do that unless a client asked for it and I failed to talk them out of it. From a usability standpoint I'm not a fan of that. I can click on "News" when and if I want to. If "News" is something everyone should be shown at a particular site, just put it up front. If I'm reading a page and it goes away without my input...that's an avoidable annoyance one can choose not to expose a potential customer to.

Sorry for the pedantry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can see how it can catch you off-guard the 1st time it does it, but I generally know what I am looking for when I go to the site and click the menu item I want long before it does the switch.

My pet hate is sites with a Welcome page that you have to click on to get to the actual site - what is the point of that?! If it's in Flash, then 95% of the time, I'm straight out of there before it even finishes loading... Different hates for different folks

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    I can see how it can catch you off-guard the 1st time it does it, but I generally know what I am looking for when I go to the site and click the menu item I want long before it does the switch.

My pet hate is sites with a Welcome page that you have to click on to get to the actual site - what is the point of that?! If it's in Flash, then 95% of the time, I'm straight out of there before it even finishes loading... Different hates for different folks

Cheers, Bob.
    I'm guilty of that on one site, I confess. Though that marquee page could be used for pre-loading common images to your cache to speed subsequent page rendering, I'm not actually doing that... At sites like that, I usually just bookmark the next page. I can see how those marquees could be tiresome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've just been looking at the UK sites for HP5+ in 10x8, Robert White appears to be the cheapest at £53.65 inc VAT and you can spend your money on all those other nice things they sell!
    I was supprised how many outlets actually sell sheet film, I usually buy roll film form 7dayshop tax free but they don't sell anything over 5x4, which is not supprising.

Shooter
    35mm
    Only a vague notion as I haven't been logging prices on the Silverprint site over the many months I have known of its existence but it seems to me to be slightly cheaper than before now its online. Reality or illusion?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't think Silverprint have (wisely) ever tried to compete just on price, but rather on stock and availability as well, mainly for the London professional market. That is not to say that they are expensive, just that they didn't learn their craft in Tesco.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin