Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,518   Online: 783

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Silverprint online

FWIW.
    I have just noticed that Silverprint is now accepting on-line orders, which from my point of veiw is very good news indeed given their extensive stock range.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    About bloody time I'd say... I'm all for the analogue stuff, but the retail side execution can be digital very nicely! Now I never need to leave home again... Fotomatica in Verona, Prophot in Paris, Silverprint in London, Megapearls in Japan... all on my doorstep. Now the only one left one needs to call is Robert White! And we all know you're credit card is in deep s#@t if you're on the phone with them ; )
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    FWIW.
    I have just noticed that Silverprint is now accepting on-line orders, which from my point of veiw is very good news indeed given their extensive stock range.
    no good news for my wallet.....
    "A photograph is not created by a photographer. What he does is just to open a little window and capture it. The world then writes itself on the film. The act of the photographer is closer to reading than it is to writing. They are the readers of the world."
    Ferdinando Scianna, Magnum photographer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very good. But what`s up with their price on 50 sheets Tri-X 8x10! Close to $280!!!!
    B&H wants $142.95 for the same film......
    Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Amund
    Very good. But what`s up with their price on 50 sheets Tri-X 8x10! Close to $280!!!!
    Apparently Kodak UK won't import the stuff so Silverprint has to do it themselves.

Lachlan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Amund
    Then you know where you should buy it from.
    It could just be that there isn't much of a market for it here in England, and therefore not worth importing in bulk.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    FWIW.
    Yes good idea, but note that they do not deliver larger quantities of developer e.g. 5li of Ilford multigrade or 5 li of fixer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjonho View Post
    Yes good idea, but note that they do not deliver larger quantities of developer e.g. 5li of Ilford multigrade or 5 li of fixer.
    That's right, their carrier isn't happy with the larger quantity. On the other hand their carriage rates are very competitive, so it's not all bad. I've just ordered some Kodak Selenium toner which is competitively priced when their carriage charge is included.

Check out www.novadarkroom.com for the Ilford 5Lt sizes.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk deliver the 5Lt sizes aswell.

It's a bit annoying Silverprint won't deliver these - they're so much closer to me than the W. Country (but Firstcall are v. good at next-day delivery)....but I'm too lazy to carry heavy bottles & anyway always end up buying too much other stuff aswell, and parking's impossible/ congestion charge/ traffic wardens moan moan :o
    Cate

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk deliver the 5Lt sizes aswell.

It's a bit annoying Silverprint won't deliver these - they're so much closer to me than the W. Country (but Firstcall are v. good at next-day delivery)....but I'm too lazy to carry heavy bottles & anyway always end up buying too much other stuff aswell, and parking's impossible/ congestion charge/ traffic wardens moan moan :o
    Cate
    The last time I bought 5-liter bottles in the UK was from Jessops - no problem with carrier, just with their very flimsy boxes. I got the chemicals OK but the box was chewed to bits!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin