Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,521   Online: 1137

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Generally people drift off about lunchtime, depends how far they have to travel among other things.
    Last edited by Dave Miller; 08-28-2006 at 09:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Look forward to meeting you David.

Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington
    Have booked for weekend in question (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). Look forward to seeing you all!

Regards,

David
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw
    Is Sunday a full day or only part of a day with people leaving in the morning / afternoon etc?
    I am staying over on the Sunday to make a full weekend.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looks like I'll be coming after all. It's a double whammy as it is my birthday weekend. I think my wife might even be coming along too. We'll only be able to do the fri and sat evening and sat day time, but will be there none the less.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What a sensible chap you are after all. Birthday cake instead of cheesecake maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Looks like I'll be coming after all. It's a double whammy as it is my birthday weekend. I think my wife might even be coming along too. We'll only be able to do the fri and sat evening and sat day time, but will be there none the less.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    What a sensible chap you are after all. Birthday cake instead of cheesecake maybe.
    we'll see - perhaps a birthday cheesecake?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've just booked. I wasn't sure about the date until today. I don't know if anyone has any ideas where to go, but may I suggest Wells-next-the-Sea (quayside, old boats, beach with rustic beach huts etc etc.) and Holkham, a bit further along the coast (sand dunes backed by pine woods). There's also a windmill at Cley, surrounded by reedbeds. Thy're all around 20 miles from Yaxham There's often very good skies on the Norfolk coast in October. There are also several ruined churches in the area. I'm sure the other locals know of some good spots too.

Look forward to seeing you all

Rob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is also a restored railway nearby, but only diesel locos are running when we go. Shame really, I'm short of choo-choo pics.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Leon - Excellent! Great news! Glad to hear you can tear yourself away from your demanding literary schedule. Now if you could persuade your editor to attend as well...! As for getting older; well, it's better than the alternative!

Bob - My head aches on your behalf. One approach you may like to try involves copious quantities of finest Scottish falling-down water - I find it encourages lateral thinking...!

Dave - Cold turkey?! :o

Rob - I thought you were the tour guide for this shindig?!

Tom - Good stuff. I'll look forward to seeing your work. Leon, Dave and Bob usually set a pretty high standard (and Mr McLean sometimes turns up and shows the odd masterpiece!) but everyone's very polite... ...even to a muppet like me! ('cept that Miller chap...!)

David - Look forward to meeting you.

Barry - Great to hear you'll be along, mate!

Everyone else - Hurry up and get booking! We've had three of these get-togethers so far and each one has been a blast!
    Last edited by FrankB; 09-02-2006 at 02:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    There is also a restored railway nearby, but only diesel locos are running when we go. Shame really, I'm short of choo-choo pics.

Then try the North Norfolk Railway (Sheringham to Holt) – usually several old chuffers there! And steam engines...

Richard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin