Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,350   Online: 772

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear that, Graham. Hope you can make the next one.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Regrettably I won't be there either as the house move/renovation is having to take priority at present. I'll see if I can do better in the Spring ...! I wish you all good light and good craik in the meantime
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm coming and will be staying the Friday and Saturday nights.

Two points:

1) I'll need lift on the Saturday when we go out, as I'll not have a car with me.

2) My eating arrangements will depend on what others are doing. If we are all / mostly prepared to eat together thats great. I haven't booked a restaurant space yet, so I'll leave it to Rob and this thread to find out what others are doing.

Tom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Fret not, Tom. There's usually a surplus of car space at these happenings. I took a couple of passengers in the Dales and brought 'em back alive. (Admittedly, my vehicle's upholstry was no longer the colour that Ford intended...!)

As for eating (and most other) plans, they tend to be made up as we go along. As long as Mr Miller gets his cheesecake and I get my milk of amnesia there's rarely any bloodshed!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I hate cheesecake.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    I hate cheesecake.
    Ah, so you did go to the CA meeting that Frank suggested?
    (That's Cheesecake Anonymous not C&A).

It obviously worked!

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    I hate cheesecake.
    Yeah, 'course you do Dave... 'course you do... well known fact...

I'm booked in. Should arrive Friday afternoon. Was touch and go for a while if I would be able to make it but it looks like I can (Oy! I heard that at the back there!).

Now just need to see if I can get to spend the rest of the week in a cottage in the Lakes or Dales...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Or even in Norfolk Bob; there must be something photogenic there that will keep still long enough for you to snap it.

Mentioning snaps, don't forget to bring plenty to pass around - and that includes you Tony.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm working on it, Dave!

I've had a pretty good shooting year what with the Dales in the Spring, a day-trip to the Lakes and a week in and around Glencoe. What I haven't had, thanks to a new job and a heatwave, is printing time.

Hopefully I should be able to knock together a couple of prints before we meet up (not long now!). Some favour quality, others favour quantity - I'll be damn lucky if I can manage either! :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, East Anglia has the advantage that it will probably be drier than the Lakes or Dales :o . I decided to try some MF colour this year as the leaves should be turning nice shades of yellow/gold/red by the end of the month (http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/HCOU-4ZLK35) so I'm thinking Tarn Hows and Borrowdale... Gawd knows how I'm going to print them though: liable to come out more magenta than gold given my eyesight... Maybe I should shoot chromes and just give any potentially decent ones to a lab to print.

Like Frank, I've not had much time in the dark since the spring meet. When I have, it's been mostly copies of existing prints, but I should get a week or so of evenings after this week, so hopefully I can get a new print or two worth showing by the meet-up (Famous Last Words; 1926 edition; Vol. 18; Chapter 27; p. 2943) ...

Cheers, Bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin