Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,946   Online: 898

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads-up on the Forestry Commission site, I hadn't checked on that this year.

I may give Velvia 100 a try, although whether I'll do it in 120 is another matter. I tried Velvia 50 through the C330S last year and the palette of the slides looked very different to the one I get when I use my F80, and not in a good way... <shrug> Hey ho. I might try a roll of chrome through the Rollei 35!

Lab-wise, I've always had extremely good results for E6 from -

Metro Colour Labs
    Unit 2, Summer Hill Industrial Estate
    Goodman Street
    Birmingham
    B1 2SS

0121 212 3334

Turnaround was always quick, prices were always competitive and they'll do you prints too. Given the current economic climate though, I'd give them a ring before sending your stuff off just to make sure they're still there...!
    Last edited by FrankB; 10-10-2006 at 05:56 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank's very much Bob, I was not aware of this usefull site.

For your colour processing it's also worth considering...

http://www.bpdphotech.com

I have alway's had great service from them with E6 and Ciba prints.

Barry
    Last edited by BarryWilkinson; 10-10-2006 at 01:01 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sorry chaps, but I'm going to have to bow out of this now - I'm gutted, but the reasons are too numerous to list here. Looks like you'll all have to wait until next spring for me to buy you all back the beers I owe you

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    :o
    Last edited by FrankB; 10-11-2006 at 08:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    sorry chaps, but I'm going to have to bow out of this now - I'm gutted, but the reasons are too numerous to list here. Looks like you'll all have to wait until next spring for me to buy you all back the beers I owe you
    Sorry to hear that Leon, I hope all is OK. See you in the spring.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leon: you can't leave Norfolk's waterfalls to their own devices: who knows what they will get up to without you to take their pictures? A sad and sulking waterfall is a sight to strike pity in to the heart of even the strongest of men.

Actually, does East Anglia have any waterfalls? Somewhat famously a rather flat place now I think of it... OK: think of all the poor abandoned beaches that will now have to spend the entire winter regretting the loss of having their pictures taken...

Ah well - hope to see you in the spring then

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi all

Sorry you can't make it, Leon!

I'm away next week so I'm trying to get a bit organised now. It looks like we will be a small but select gathering! So far we've got:

Me (Rob Archer(
    Tom Kershaw
    Dave Miller and Wife
    Tony & Jean
    Frank B
    Barry Wilkinson
    David Bebbington
    BobF

I hope I haven't missed anybody or wrongly incuded anybody.

A couple of others have expressed interest and I know a couple may join us at some point during the weekend. I understand that there are still a couple of beds available at Yaxham mill so it's not too late to book for the weekend. There is also other accomodation available locally.

I've spoken to Yaxham Mill and we've got a table for 12(ish) booked for 7:30 on the Friday, although room can be made for more if necessary. Saturday evening we've got a table booked for 8.45 (they couldn't fit us in earlier) but there's an excellent bar(!!!)

AS well as eating and drinking we may be able to fit in a bit of photography! Depending on light and weather I would suggest the coast on Saturday (vast, windswept beaches, sand dunes, pine woods, harbours , windmills etc)

If you haven't booked yet it's not too late! (even if you can only join us for one of the evenings).

See you there!

Rob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What time should we aim to get to the mill on the Friday?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    What time should we aim to get to the mill on the Friday?
    I intend getting there around 3 to 4pm depending on traffic. Do they have "traffic" in Norfolk?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to negotiate about 1/3rd of the M25, so I'm starting out the day after tomorrow. Should get there by lunchtime on the Friday 27th...

Cheers, Bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin