Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,400   Online: 689

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101415161718192021 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It seems that we should organise a workshop on the theme - How to operate a radiator valve safely - with a sub-theme; - how to open a window without falling out. Should make a pleasant break from yacking about photographs.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the case of my room, it would have to have been: "How to hack through a live electric cable without killing yourself". There was no off switch on the night storage heaters.*

The open ground floor window invited unwanted guests (and the sort of unwanted night time guest likely to turn up in rural Norfolk does not bear thinking about)... but I opened it anyway and tucked the camera gear at the head of the bed. I would have slept with it, but I though that was taking things a bit far, and may had led to "looks" in the event of my oversleeping and being discovered cuddling my Bronica by the maid...

Is that a telephoto in your pocket or...

Cheers, Bob.

*For non-Brits, this is a unique (it must be unique, I can't believe any other country would come up with such an absurd nonsense) form of heating that (allegedly) stores cheap night-time electricity and releases it during the day. This high-tech equipment consists of a heating element threaded through a pile of bricks in a metal cabinet. It works even worse than it sounds. It heats up the room during the night and by lunch time, all the stored heat has gone, requiring you to turn on local heating at normal (high) electricity prices during the evenings when, of course, you are most likely to need it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That would be a technical workshop then. Marigold gloves, and cut the red wire first, that sort of thing. I suppose we could run it in conjunction with a will writing seminar, just to tidy things up.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    That would be a technical workshop then. Marigold gloves, and cut the red wire first, that sort of thing. I suppose we could run it in conjunction with a will writing seminar, just to tidy things up.
    I hope it includes what to do if you cut the red wire and it suddenly starts ticking... :o

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The warmth was actually a rather pleasant change for me (attendees of the weekend will understand, God knows I spent long enough boring everyone about it! :rolleyes

I thought the Mill wasn't a bad spot (of course, I'm biased!)... ...with the possible exception of the shower which seemed intent on causing me grievous bodily harm!

Bob - I decline to believe that anything you could get up to with your Bronica in the privacy of your own room in the wee small hours of the night would raise eyebrow(!) in Norfolk...

(Apologies to the locals - couldn't resist!)
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post

Actually, here in Norfolk we usually colour the live wire brown. Must be some quaint rural idiosyncrasy...

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Bob - I decline to believe that anything you could get up to with your Bronica in the privacy of your own room in the wee small hours of the night would raise eyebrow(!) in Norfolk...

(Apologies to the locals - couldn't resist!)

I understand that, when it came to perverted night-time fondling, a Norfolkman's sister would have been at greater risk than his camera. But that was in the days before the invention of the bicycle.

Richard
    Last edited by Richard Kelham; 11-01-2006 at 05:45 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: karn't spel properlike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Kelham View Post
    Actually, here in Norfolk we usually colour the live wire brown. Must be some quaint rural idiosyncrasy...

Richard
    Only since 31 March 2004 when these coloured cables became available!

You would then be using the New (Harmonised) colour scheme (BS7671).

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson View Post
    Only since 31 March 2004 when these coloured cables became available!

You would then be using the New (Harmonised) colour scheme (BS7671).

Barry
    I prefer the American monochrome wiring scheme: Black = Live, White = Neutral. Or is it the other way round?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've posted three snaps from the weekend in my gallery. Has anyone else developed anythng yet?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin