Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,606   Online: 791

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Anyone else from Norfolk that can help Rob with local knowledge?
    Plenty of time yet Rob, so don't get stressed. I've got to fit my summer holiday in sometime before we meet next.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Archer
    The other possibility is the Youth Hostel at Wells. It's cheap, Clean and does breakfast.

Rob
    Yoof Hostel??? The though of sharing an entire cottage with Frank is bad enough - the idea sharing a YHA room is really too much for my nerves... I need another lie down now, thank you very much...

Luckily, I do not think I could spend the entire week in Norfolk anyway: you can have too much of a good thing....

I'm sure it will all work out, but I think a list of potential shooting locations from those who know the area might help - but as Dave says: plenty of time.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    BobF - I feel I should inform you that I'm cut to the quick (or, to be strictly accurate, the medium-fast; I don't think I can manage the quick any more...)

Rob - I think the others are right (for once!); we could use a few photo locations to work from. That in turn should give us a better idea of where to seek accomodation.

The prospect of YHA-ing does not inspire me over much (and on reflection sharing a cottage with Bob's feet may not have been my most well-judged suggestion!), but there are Travelodges in the area which do rooms for under £50 per night with adjacent Little Chefs for breakfast. Okay, not as atmospheric as the Dragon (understatement) and we'd have to get our evening meal elsewhere, but if all else fails it's an option...
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Travellodges, booked well in advance, are about £26.00 a night, but not very convenient for our purpose, unless it is within walking distance of a meeting room.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can think of a few nice beaches - well lots of htem, in n norfolk and a few ruined churches that would make promising locations ... my wife and I plan to book a cottage for a week to coincide so probably I wont be staying in the B&B.

If you guys fancy changing your minds about locations, I hear rural East Kent is good in Autumn .... chilham is especially nice!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Came across this place...

http://www.theorangetreethornham.co.uk/food.asp

Also has cheescake!

One to add to the list, in Thornham. Have you been there Rob?

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks nice. I'm a little confused about the tariff - they say they've got a (smallish) number of double rooms and a twin... ...but they also quote a price for a single. Hmmm....

Despite this (and the fact that the cheesecake seems to have been baked in some ill-advised colonnial manner) it does look quite appealing, especially considering the rest of the menu.

Nice find, Barry!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Looks nice. I'm a little confused about the tariff - they say they've got a (smallish) number of double rooms and a twin... ...but they also quote a price for a single. Hmmm....

Despite this (and the fact that the cheesecake seems to have been baked in some ill-advised colonnial manner) it does look quite appealing, especially considering the rest of the menu.

Nice find, Barry!
    Thanks Frank,

I too was a little confused over the room options, perhaps Rob would look into it for us?

Barry
    ps I was concerned over the description of the cheescake.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I do know the Orange Tree although I haven't been inside since it was a rather derelict pub called the 'Kings Head'(I think) I'll go down and check it out when I get a chance. As for photo locations, as Leon says, there's loads of them. I've lived round here for 20 years and keep discovering places I never knew exisisted. I'll post a few in the gallery later on.

Rob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson
    Came across this place...

http://www.theorangetreethornham.co.uk/food.asp

Also has cheescake!

Barry
    But not before 9am.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin