Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,109   Online: 976
      
Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96
  1. #1
    Dave Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle England
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,894
    Images
    2

    UK Print Exchange

    I participate in the various print exchanges organised on this forum, but note that only a few others from these fair isles do so as well, which I think is a pity. I find I get a lot of enjoyment out of the process, but I can appreciate that there are many reasons for not taking part, such as stress, cost, or time. There will be those that may consider their work unsuitable, because of content or standard, which is a shame, because by seeing the work at others at first hand we all benefit by cross-exchange of ideas, and inspiration.

    I’m thinking of a periodic blind print exchange, such as that organised so ably by Art, where we each send one print to another member, as selected by the organiser.

    I wonder if a variation on this theme by way of a simple UK only monthly exchange is of sufficient interest to make it worthwhile organising; something I’m prepared to do if there is.

    I’m thinking that paper size should be fixed at 10x8, so that both material and postage costs are minimised, in order to invite maximum involvement.

    Think it over, and reply here if it is of interest. We will see how many want to be involved in, say a month, and take it from there. Any ideas or input will be welcome.
    Regards Dave.

    An English Eye


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    68
    I am interested, but not clear how these things work.

    Les

  3. #3
    RH Designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Yorkshire Dales, England
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    657
    Images
    18
    I'd be interested too.

    Regards
    Richard

  4. #4
    Dave Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle England
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,894
    Images
    2
    At agreed intervals, I’ve suggested monthly, but it could be longer, you will be given the name and address of another participant to sent a print to. You in turn will receive a print from someone else in the group.
    Regards Dave.

    An English Eye


  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South Norfolk, United Kingdom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,865
    Images
    62
    I would be interested in doing something like this. How would the prints need to be presented?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Woking, Surrey, UK
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    475
    Images
    27
    I'm interested. I'm a complete newbie as far as printing goes, made my first ever print less than a week ago.

    Ian

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    68
    I think I could manage one print a month!

    By the way, congratulations Dave on getting your Whitby Abbey print in the Best of Friends calendar (and a medal as well).

    Les

  8. #8
    Dave Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle England
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,894
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw
    I would be interested in doing something like this. How would the prints need to be presented?
    Unmounted, and posted in an A4 board backed envelope.
    Regards Dave.

    An English Eye


  9. #9
    Dave Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle England
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,894
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by lesd
    I think I could manage one print a month!

    By the way, congratulations Dave on getting your Whitby Abbey print in the Best of Friends calendar (and a medal as well).

    Les
    Thanks Les, It was quite a suprise. I think the medal may be a chocolate one covered in tinfoil.
    Regards Dave.

    An English Eye


  10. #10
    Lachlan Young's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Blairgowrie, Scotland; York, England
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    576
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    I participate in the various print exchanges organised on this forum, but note that only a few others from these fair isles do so as well, which I think is a pity. I find I get a lot of enjoyment out of the process, but I can appreciate that there are many reasons for not taking part, such as stress, cost, or time. There will be those that may consider their work unsuitable, because of content or standard, which is a shame, because by seeing the work at others at first hand we all benefit by cross-exchange of ideas, and inspiration.

    Iím thinking of a periodic blind print exchange, such as that organised so ably by Art, where we each send one print to another member, as selected by the organiser.

    I wonder if a variation on this theme by way of a simple UK only monthly exchange is of sufficient interest to make it worthwhile organising; something Iím prepared to do if there is.

    Iím thinking that paper size should be fixed at 10x8, so that both material and postage costs are minimised, in order to invite maximum involvement.

    Think it over, and reply here if it is of interest. We will see how many want to be involved in, say a month, and take it from there. Any ideas or input will be welcome.

    Yes I am interested in a print exchange - when would it be?

    Thanks,

    Lachlan

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin