Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,633   Online: 994

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have bben using Silverprint for a while but recently they had run out of ddx at £11.75 litre..
    Popped into my local Jessops who did not have it i stock but were pleased to order it in from another branch at £10.99 litre !!!!
    Just another slant on it.
    Regards
    Vince
    Vince

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well this was from their UK site on the homepage "why go digital?":

"Digital photography doesn't use the toxic chemicals that often end up flowing down the drain and into our streams, rivers, and lakes"

If anything write to them and ask how e-waste is great for the environment & why they assume we improperly dispose of the toxic stuff.. :rolleyes:

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by vincedixon View Post
    I have bben using Silverprint for a while but recently they had run out of ddx at £11.75 litre..
    Popped into my local Jessops who did not have it i stock but were pleased to order it in from another branch at £10.99 litre !!!!
    Just another slant on it.
    Regards
    Vince
    I went into my local (Plymouth) branch of Jessops on Monday to buy a bottle of stop bath. They didn't have any, but told me that their working stock of B/W chemicals is currently one 250ml bottle each of their own brand dev, stop and fix! (The dev is "universal")

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Newport, Isle of Wight branch isn't too bad. They always have Ilford fixer when I want it and a variety of developers, stop bath, etc. and a selection of Ilford paper. However, the film which used to be on display (some in a refrgerated cabinet) is now kept in a drawer under the counter.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I've just ordered and received from my local Jessops a ton of Kodak hypo clear agent because they are so cheap. Took a while to come through, (5 weeks), and the assistant had no idea what I was ordering.
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    The Newport, Isle of Wight branch isn't too bad. They always have Ilford fixer when I want it and a variety of developers, stop bath, etc. and a selection of Ilford paper. However, the film which used to be on display (some in a refrgerated cabinet) is now kept in a drawer under the counter.

Steve.
    Could that be that you are their only customer Steve, and it's taking you a while to work through their stock?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Brewer View Post
    I've just ordered and received from my local Jessops a ton of Kodak hypo clear agent because they are so cheap. Took a while to come through, (5 weeks), and the assistant had no idea what I was ordering.
    You should tell him that it's ideal for cleaning digicam sensors.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    Could that be that you are their only customer Steve, and it's taking you a while to work through their stock?
    That's probably it!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post

If anything write to them and ask how e-waste is great for the environment & why they assume we improperly dispose of the toxic stuff.. :rolleyes:
    Something I have been trying to do for a couple of days... but when you click their 'contact us' button you get directed to their 'about us' page. Thinking perhaps they had confused their links I then clicked the 'about us' button... and got directed to a page full of mobile phone ads! You'd think a company that is throwing in it's lot with the digital world would at least learn to use digital media! :rolleyes:

As an aside, I wonder what Ilford's take is on Jessops completely failing to let the public know they still sell film?

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think they know what they are doing they have accountants, although I think they maybe going a little too far, as far as the possibility of alienating some of there long loyal customers and loss of a lot of D&P goes. There are quite a few Jessops in Bristol, and there is now one left with a selection of Paper and chems, thats a good compromise having the stuff in just the one store, I think it probably sells a lot of stuff to the many Students in the area. My local LCE actually recently started selling Ilford paper!! The best shops in Bristol for Darkroom gear are Bernard Hunter, Calumet and Jacobs.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin