Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,838   Online: 796

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    Don't even think of asking.
    That's right, someone might mistake you for Les McLean (who usually brings a digi-gizmo along with his analogue gear)! Then again, it would give Dave Miller's wife (usually found toting a Canon 350D) someone with whom to discuss digicams...

The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I shall hide it well, but the Sinar doesn't do snapshots very well and looks silly when hung round my neck. Without loads of shiny pastic with Canon written on it how will the muggers know who to mug?
    "The Church says that the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the Church"
    Ferdinand Magellan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmask View Post
    I shall hide it well, but the Sinar doesn't do snapshots very well and looks silly when hung round my neck. Without loads of shiny pastic with Canon written on it how will the muggers know who to mug?
    Good idea. If we go shooting in the mean streets of Ross on Wye we'll let you go on ahead as bait...

Don't let Mr Miller catch you, though, or the only photographs you'll be making will be... erm, have you seen 'Innerspace'?!

The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    One digigun is quite enough of a trash generator for these occasions thank you. The one referenced very nearly ended up in a Norfolk harbour. The fact that Les’ has fallen off the wagon is little excuse to encourage their proliferation.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi there
    Another newbie interested in attending the spring gathering... but I'm not new to Dave's views on digital, having often had his concidered opinion on some of my monochromatic 'digital daubings'. We are both member's at Abington CC you see!

If I promise only to bring FP4, can I come?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjkkap View Post
    Hi there
    Another newbie interested in attending the spring gathering... but I'm not new to Dave's views on digital, having often had his concidered opinion on some of my monochromatic 'digital daubings'. We are both member's at Abington CC you see!

If I promise only to bring FP4, can I come?
    Welcome to the forum Richard; you are one of the two people I know that can ruin a perfectly good photograph by putting it through an inkjet paint sprayer. The other being my wife. One day I will get you in front of an enlarger, and then there will be no slipping back into bad habits.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am also a new user and this all sounds very interesting. I would prefer Ross as it is easy to acces on the motorways etc. What was the format and schedule for previous meetings.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In the past the format has been to meet on the Friday evening in a selected venue to make and renew acquaintances, and a chin-wag over food and drinks. Saturday is given over to photography; hopefully with someone with local knowledge to lead. Saturday evening – more chatter with print viewing. Sunday morning more picture taking and goodbyes around noon.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And I should have also said - Welcome Martin.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Spring gathering

Ross on Wye definately gets my vote, midway between Glocester and Hereford plus lots of other interesting and photographic places what more do you want?

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin