Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,986   Online: 688

Page 1 of 24 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

APUG UK Spring 2007 Gathering

Okay, the first four UK Gatherings have all been absolutely brilliant. Here's a thread for the fifth!

While we were in Norfolk, some mouthy slaphead (that'll be me, then!) suggested the possibility of Ross on Wye in the Spring. Other options discussed included Berwick on Tweed and Canterbury, amongst others.

Time-wise, I thought April worked quite well this year. Others may prefer a different time.

Ladies and gents, let the discussion commence!
    Last edited by FrankB; 10-29-2006 at 01:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If Berwick upon Tweed were to be the choice I would be happy to provide some information re B&B and photographic locations and of course I would attend given that I had no prior commitments.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Medium Format
    of course my vote would be for Canterbury, seeing as I live about 6 miles away. The village where I live (chilham) is very picturesque qith 2 pubs (yes, we are a 2 pub village) one of which has quite a few b&b rooms (http://www.woolpackchilham.co.uk) although good photo locations (IMO) are a bit limited close by - a drive around east kent would be best. David Bebbington would be able to chip here too with some suggestions. Dave Miller lived not too far away at one point, but that was in teh dark ages, long before roads were invented, so I doubt his input would be valuable .

Of course, everyone has jsut been south, so to do it again might be a bit unfair .... berwick is great and I'd go for that too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    From a purely selfish point of view, Canterbury would get my vote, and the area is of course fantastically photogenic. However, if there are significant numbers of northerly APUGers who would attend a meeting in Berwick, I could go for that too.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd vote for Berwick, although either alternative is fine. I haven't been to Canterbury since I was about five I don't think!
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can I throw in a vote for Ross on Wye?

Near to M4/M5 Motorway's, lots of good photogenic locations. Unfortunately a long way from Les and Richard.

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson View Post
    Can I throw in a vote for Ross on Wye?

Near to M4/M5 Motorway's, lots of good photogenic locations. Unfortunately a long way from Les and Richard.

Barry
    I'll second that, it's an area that I have only passed through to date; unlike darkest Kent with which I am intimate.

Ross on Wye is also vaguely central, which may encourage a greater attendance.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll go for 50% Ross, 50% Berwick (will I need my passport?) at the moment.

If the latter, I'll make a week of it: too far to drive for a couple of days and I've never set tripod in Northumberland before. Ross is just a blast up the M4 for me.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    First preference would be for Ross on Wye - it's not as far for me as the other two and its pretty rich in B&B's and photo ops (Ross itself, the Wye river, Monmouth, Tintern Abbey, Chepstow and the Severn Bridge, etc.)

However, I'm happy to go with the majority decision.

Dave - The matter of your intimacy with darkest Kent is currently sub judice and anyway should certainly not be discussed on a family forum.
    Last edited by FrankB; 10-31-2006 at 11:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any room for a newbie at the next UK gathering?

Brian

Page 1 of 24 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin