Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,703   Posts: 1,548,472   Online: 874

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would be interesting to have a few more facts about the govt.'s intentions, though, which I'd personally want before signing anything. I can't believe it translates simply to a ban on all photography in public places. I realise it has something to do with photogs having ID cards. (So is that always or only in certain circumstances?) Much as I'm against any sort of ID card I can see the point of it in certain circumstances - no different from carrying a press card, for example?...Not enough yet to come to an informed opinion....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Not all of us are 'press' and would not qualify for a press card. I've never understood the objection to an ID Card; having carried one as a child just after the war.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster View Post

Next the "authorities" will march their "troops" against you to Lexington and Concord.
    Truer than you think. The British government (of either colour) has a proven track record of using force against legitimate protest. They did it to the miners, they did it to the Poll Tax protesters, (I was there for that one, still have the baton scars to prove it) they regularly do it to G8 protests. They have also installed a 'no protest' zone within a half mile radius of Westminster, so Ministers won't have to see the unwashed disagreeing with them.
    Last edited by Andy K; 02-16-2007 at 10:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The G8 protestors are a different animal. Whilst most of them are legit and genuinely want to creatively express their opposition to G8 policies, there is a dedicated cadre within that group (who also come to protest IMF and World Bank meetings) whose sole purpose is to wreak mayhem and destruction. There's a huge difference between hanging banners on the fence at Parliament and ripping out street signs to batter public (and private) property.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    ... There's a huge difference between hanging banners on the fence at Parliament and ripping out street signs to batter public (and private) property.
    And how, are you saying, does this differ from photography?

Steve
    Warning: Some of these posts may be infected by ironic and sarcastic remarks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have to say, it sounds like a load of hot air to me. There is no reference to anything except some vague "identity card" requirement and I have heard nothing elsewhere, and nor as far as I can see, has anyone else.

Besides which, since when did lame-duck Blair listen to anything anyone tells him? The recent poll on the Downing Street website with, at last count, 1.4 million votes against Road Pricing has already been dismissed by the Govt. and they say they are going ahead with trials regardless. And they wonder why people feel disconnected from politics and do not vote anymore...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This from the country with the highest security camera to citizen ratio in the world...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post

Besides which, since when did lame-duck Blair listen to anything anyone tells him?

Cheers, Bob.
    As you say Bob he hasn't listened to anyone yet. However as long as there is a list he cannot say nobody had opposed the idea.

Barry

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Obviously this is your fight in the UK - not mine.

But can I ask a question?

I see on the link that this is a e-petition to the government on a topic of obvious interest to all of us here.

But I did not see any link to the proposed legislation that the petition opposes; just a general statement that "there are a number of proposals to restrict...."

Did I miss something?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzin View Post
    starting to feel sorry for all those tourists in London that won't be able any more to take photos of each other with Big Ben, Buck. Palace, Westmnster, SwissRe building, Oxford St. etc........
    They will just be forced to buy postcards of "official, licensed" views.Feel more sorry for the locals who are no longer able to photograph their own kids' graduations, weddings, football matches, days on the pier, police corruption, PMs with their mistresses, military funerals, etc.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin