Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,694   Online: 1153

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never thought to ask - are APUG-ers generally going to bring gear that can be carried far?
    The Neadd is actually quite a way from our base (now I've looked - should have done that before...) and kit carrying will be needed, possibly on uneven terrain riverside.
    Until Friday afternoon, then.
    Do we all have to wear a pink Nikon badge, carry a rolled-up digital photo magazine or something??
    Aynsley
    Consider this: Most lenses are better than most photographers...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi A.C.

People's loadouts (and ambulatory tolerances) vary widely from young, fit and healthy individuals carrying nice light rangefinders to unfit, decrepit slapheads with C330S and Manfrotto 055's (that'll be me!).

We try and mostly keep broadly together (turbocharged camper-vans aside!) and so tend to favour locations which combine nearby parking facilities with excellent photographic opportunities... ...and conveniently situated public houses!

A moderate stroll shouldn't be too much of a problem though. I'd just chuck the location in the hat and see how many people like the sound of it.

Finding our party shouldn't be an issue - I think we've got the hotel pretty much to ourselves!

All the best,

Frank
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Frank, thanks for that - I tend towards the 055/C330 end of the description!
    "Ambulatory tolerances"?? - wow...!
    Aynsley
    Consider this: Most lenses are better than most photographers...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Never use a short word when a polysyllabic alternative presents itself.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin