Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,474   Online: 936

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    Yeah, but Chaucer didn't have the M25 to contend with...
    ROTFL!

I feel a rewrite of The Miller's Tale may be in order...!

Okay Leon, how many of us can you fit in your spare room and are you sure you've booked enough dancing-girls?
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Okay Leon, how many of us can you fit in your spare room and are you sure you've booked enough dancing-girls?
    Well, those that dont fit into the dogs bed, I have a rather cold and smelly darkroom, I'm sure I can fit at least 2 in there, although you'll have to share with the spiders and small community of Masonry Bees.

I have the Chilham Retired Ladies Friendly Society and Flower Arranging Group on standby, so hold on to your hats boys, it's going to be a wild weekend.

Are people happy to stay in Chilham? It's about 7 miles outside Canterbury and prety central for both M2 and M20. It is very chocolate-boxy type picturesque so might be good for wandering around / pictures. We're a two pub village. Sadly, the Castle is not open that weekend, but there is a great view from the square. I've got a few ideas on photo locations, but they involve driving around a bit - maybe Daid Bebbington can throw a few into the equation too.

My thoughts are - Reculver Towers, Dungeness (do a web search, lots of pics of dungeness dotted round t'internet), whitstable, we could go into canterbury itself if people want to, but it's always packed and a nightmare to park/ drive around.

any thoughts David?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm happy with Chilham (especially as it's less distance for the ladies to travel!).
    Last edited by FrankB; 06-07-2007 at 07:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dungeness sounds good. Been to Romney Marsh a couple of times but didn't get as far as there. You could easily spend a weekend pottering about Romney Marsh without going elsewhere (great on a bicycle) - marsh churches, Military canal, Romney and Old Romney, Winchelsea beach and environs...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    please go to this thread for further posts etc.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin