Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,767   Online: 1034

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's early days yet, but towards the middle/end of October has served us well in the past. If I had to stick a pin in the calendar it'd be around there, although anytime after the August bank holiday and before Christmas gets its name in the hat!

Barry - "Cliff White"? Never heard of him!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    What is 'Black Dog talking about? I really must respond to his slur that there's no good real ale in the West. Does he not know that there are no less than 42 breweries in Devon alone? Has he ever sampled Otter Ale, Princetowns's Jail Ale, Big Sheep's Shepherds Ruin or Country Bumpkin? In Cornwall has he imbibed Sharps Doom Bar Bitter or Skinners Cornish Knocker Ale? Come West, young lad and be a man! John Stredwick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...Not to discount the famous Spingo Ale of the Blue Anchor Inn at Helston..
    Aynsley
    Consider this: Most lenses are better than most photographers...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    To come back to you, Frank, if North Devon is chosen, regard must be given to the tides. Ideally, you need high tide @ about 8/9AM so that, as the tide drops, the beaches become more accessible - and safer, thr afternoon/evening high tide should occur when we have our fingers wrapped around a drop of real Devon ale! I'll go down to our local library and check tide times for the period mid to end of October. John S.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrometol View Post
    What is 'Black Dog talking about? I really must respond to his slur that there's no good real ale in the West. Does he not know that there are no less than 42 breweries in Devon alone? Has he ever sampled Otter Ale, Princetowns's Jail Ale, Big Sheep's Shepherds Ruin or Country Bumpkin? In Cornwall has he imbibed Sharps Doom Bar Bitter or Skinners Cornish Knocker Ale?
    At this rate BD I think you'll have a job remembering the weekend at all!

John - I appreciate your point. However, it may be best to finalise the area and venue and find a few dates when the most people can attend before going into detailed research. (Just my opinion.)
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    At this rate BD I think you'll have a job remembering the weekend at all!

John - I appreciate your point. However, it may be best to finalise the area and venue and find a few dates when the most people can attend before going into detailed research. (Just my opinion.)
    Just a quick thing - I am hoping
    it's not 12-14th October as this is the same date as another meeting I am hoping to go to...

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a bit early to start picking dates: we need a location first, and there's no need to rush that either...

• Spring: Cumbria (N.W)
    • Autumn: Wiltshire (S)

• Spring: Yorkshire Dales (N)
    • Autumn: East Anglia (E)

• Spring: Ross-on-Wye (W)

So the NE, SE or SW remain unsullied... (along with Scotland and welsh Wales of course)...

Cheers, Bob.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

I've got a brand new combine harvester

Quote Originally Posted by pyrometol View Post
    What is 'Black Dog talking about? I really must respond to his slur that there's no good real ale in the West. Does he not know that there are no less than 42 breweries in Devon alone? Has he ever sampled Otter Ale, Princetowns's Jail Ale, Big Sheep's Shepherds Ruin or Country Bumpkin? In Cornwall has he imbibed Sharps Doom Bar Bitter or Skinners Cornish Knocker Ale? Come West, young lad and be a man! John Stredwick
    Actually I'm a zider drinker .........and as Minor White said Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen .So let's get a few Britneys down our Gregorys!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    So the NE, SE or SW remain unsullied... (along with Scotland and welsh Wales of course)...

Cheers, Bob.
    I am not proposing this should be the venue for the next UK apug gathering but I'd like to throw it in for future consideration...

I have been looking at the Lleyn Penisula in North Wales. It looks an interesting place photographically, close to mountains, beaches and Anglesey. It has some industrial past with Manganese mining.

Its bit off the beaten track I know, but may be worth the effort? Has anyone visited here? Probably better earlier in the Year? Thoughts?

Barry

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've been to Lleyn, but that was many years ago. Can't remember much about the area either: I arrived there from Beddgelert in Snowdonia, and ale took care of the rest of my attention span.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin