Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,835   Online: 982

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

APUG UK Autumn 2007 Gathering

Well, we're back from the (seriously excellent!) Spring Gathering which means it must be time to plan the Autumn one!

For those who haven't attended one of these weekend bashes before, most of us usually assemble on the evening of the Friday for food, ale, a chat and a look at people's prints. The Saturday is generally spent wandering around the locale doing a bit of shooting at whatever takes our fancy. The Saturday evening is generally used as an excuse for more food, more ale, more chat and more prints, whilst the Sunday usually involves a bit more shooting until people make their farewells and head for home.

It's a formula which has served us well in the past, the atmosphere is always very relaxed and informal and a good time is generally had by all!

Previous venues have been the Lake District, Wiltshire, the Yorkshire Dales, Norfolk and Herefordshire. Nominations left over from the last selection process are Canterbury and Northumberland. At the last Gathering, John (pyrometol) had another suggestion which I'll let him put on this thread himself.

Geographically-speaking, we seem to have visited the North of England a couple of times and each side once, so there is a case for saying that the next Gathering should be in the south. However, all suggestions are welcome!

Whoever ends up organising this one, you've got a tough act to follow!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Frank,

I'd be interested in Northumberland.

Tom.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Northumberland whyay like man! They canna brew good beer doon south like!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If its South, Dorset, North Devon, Isle of White and Canterbury have been mentioned.

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    They canna brew good beer doon south like!
    I happen to know that that's incorrect and have had the hangovers to prove it!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was very glad I came along, and although I didn't get to partake of the beer-stained prints on Friday, the Saturday more than made up for it with chat, venues, and warm weather. My thanks to all who made it possible ... hopefully there'll be opportunities to get to know everyone better another time.

And I greatly enjoyed having some fresh subject matter to shoot ... http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...p4_11_copy.jpg

(Oh yes, I'll remove the link if there are complaints ... :rolleyes

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well they do make oop for it with reet good scrumpy.........I sampled it extensively when I worked at Duckspool
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeha Lynch View Post
    I was very glad I came along...
    Nice to meet you Sandeha. I can tell from your image where you metered the 18% Grey!

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was very glad I came along...

It was good to meet you and your cameras - you have clearly captured my inability to shoot straight along with my amply proportioned belly in a black tshirt. My 'Blad' and I have never been happier as they say.

As for the next location - I spent a grand week on the Rame peninsula last year in a terrific hotel with access to nearly deserted rocks, beaches et al.

I would be happy to tag along to North Devon or South. Although the Lyme Regis area was pretty good for me last year too. Jurassic somethings, hill forts and all those coombs went down pretty well.

Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As from this september, I'm going to go back to University full time, so money is going to be tight ... meaning I probably wont be able to afford weekends away. So, If you'd like to come down to my little corner of the world, I'd be happy to act as tour guide and organiser. That said, it doesnt look like Canterbury is getting too many votes - if you all decide to come, my village is very picturesque, and only 7 miles out from Canterbury. There's a good pub with 14 B&B rooms, and plenty of other b&bs around and about.

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin