Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,690   Online: 856

Page 1 of 37 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

canterbury 5-7 October 2007

I thought I'd start a new thread as the other 2 are getting a little confusing.

I need a list of people who intend to attend so I can have numbers to take to the Landlord of the Woolpack for bartering - can you post here if you plan to attend and whether you'll be bringing partners/spouses.

Also, if anyone has any preferred places to visit that they know of, list them here and I'll try to work out some kind of schedule for the weekend

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Win and I would like to attend, and since we are still on speaking terms a double room will be most acceptable, preferably one with a built-in masseuses.
    On a more serious note, I fear we are starting to get a little carried away with the photography element of the weekend. Correct me if Iím wrong, but I thought these gatherings were originally planned as a way of meeting to get to know each other, and to view and discuss our work, and through that help ourselves to progress our photography. The actual taking of pictures was a secondary consideration, designed to fill the brief interval between breakfast and the bar opening. We seem to have moved towards the picture taking as being the main activity, and Iím not completely happy with that, if it means a lot of additional driving around the country. I thought what we did at the last event was on the limit of acceptability in that respect. What do you think?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All going well I'll be along, so put me down for a single.

I don't know if this is a good thing but I find myself agreeing with Dave

I've only been to one APUG meet, but I would say that I went to meet fellow like minded people more than take photographs. I'm sure I remarked at the last meet that I could take photographs any weekend (weather permitting), but I only get to meet such a great bunch of people twice a year. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed our little photo outings and thought that we went to some good locations. Not sure what happened to the pub lunch though

Perhaps we could arrange to view some prints in the daylight, as we can't guarantee that the light in the evening's drinking establishment will be very good at all.

my two penneth,

Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good point. Actually, though I started reading APUG posts a couple of years ago I never got myself involved because I NEVER PRINTED - only scanned. It's only in the last six months I've been doing some contact printing and ... only next week that I'll be using an enlarger for the first time in twenty five years.

A friend has just donated a 4x5 enlarger, so if I can balance the seed trays on the ironing board and find enough socks to put under the door, I should be good to show some prints by October.

Leon ... I'll be after a single - but do they allow smokers? I don't cope too well with all these new fangled regulations. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    35mm
    i would like to attend if possible please but will not need anywhere to bed down , is that ok? ( me mum wont let me stay out ) and Leon just walking around Canterbury is fairly decent if anyone gets the urge

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeha Lynch View Post
    Leon ... I'll be after a single - but do they allow smokers? I don't cope too well with all these new fangled regulations. :rolleyes:
    Well ... after July the 1st, noone will allow smokers will they?

Dave - good point, but we still need something to do during the day Saturday, I'll think about some nearer to home locations.

Donut - I've lived in or around canterbury for the last 12 years and, yes you are right, it's a nice place to wonder aournd, but parking is an absolute nightmare (not to mention mortgage worthy) as is driving around the city.

I know what, I'll put together a few suggestions of places to visit nearby and we can decide on the Friday night over a few pints of Masterbrew.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

APUG Autumn meet Kent

Hi Leon,

Jean and I would like to come so put me down for a double.

Tony

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Weekend in Canterbury

Hi Leon,

My other half (norma) and I would like to come too - so put me down for a double too.

Cheers - Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A single for me please

Hi there
    The date's in my diary... and I will need a single room please Leon.

Rearding the balance between chat and snap, perhaps if we stuck to 1 or 2locations for Saturday rather than pushing for 3 or 4 as we did in the spring would achieve the what's being called for.

On a personal note - because of work and family (aged P's in their 80's and a21-month old Son take up a lot of time) I don't get the chance to shoot 'on just any old weekend', and I certainly don't often get to look through the viewfinder with such an experienced bunch at my shoulder , so I do value the shooting time highly.

Just my 2p'th

Best to all
    Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Er... Umm... I should probably say this quietly given my previous history of cancellations, but can you put me down for a single please? (And this is me making a commitment before the Brighton & Hove Albion fixtures have been announced!)

And as for making photographs or burbling about making photographs - I'm happy with either.

Page 1 of 37 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin