Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,506   Online: 906

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Pity. Just back from a lovely stroll with partner Eve out on the west side [wild west]. Even managed a couple of paper negs in the fkd 5x7. Wonderful sky tonight
    Take care everyone down south. Sounds really rough.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Met Office have now moderated their forecast down to light showers all day. I've just been into Wigan and that's what it's doing there at the mo', so I'm going to try it.

It's due to start in St Ann's Square from about 12:00. I'll probably be there a little later but, all being well, should be around before 1pm.

See you there!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, the meet up didn't happen but the shoot did!

I didn't get very far at first owing to utterly pants light and rain on my lens everytime I lined up a shot. Then I switched to a 70-300mm with a lens hood (more reach and no rain on the front aspect) and Delta 3200 pulled to 1600 (we'll see, but I'm hopeful) and used the monopod (perfect for the occasion).

The first band (Cuba Vida?) were good and I think I've got some passable stuff of the vocalist and some of the audience dancing enthusiastically. The next ones up (Farmyard Animals?) weren't to my taste (very atonal, dischordant stuff and not much in the way of a shot either).

I was going to hang around for the third set, but the heavens opened, I was tired (I hate crowds!) and to put the icing on the cake some nice, considerate people in the front row put up golf umbrellas and held them ridiculously high so nobody could get a decent shot. (Note to self - take firearms to next gig... :rolleyes

I got a few more shots of some drumming buskers on the way back to the car and then I really did call it a day. The festival's on all week so I'll probably go to a few more sets at lunchtime or after work.

One thing worth noting - I popped into Jacobs Manchester and managed to get a couple of rolls of Delta 3200 in 135 off the shelf, which is a damn sight more than my local Jessops keep in.
    Last edited by FrankB; 07-21-2007 at 11:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Frank
    Well done! Hope you're rewarded for the effort - I have to admit to peering through the window at the rain all day..
    A
    Consider this: Most lenses are better than most photographers...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well done Mr B. Glad to hear you had a nice day. The Highland Games here were grand - warm sun all day. Tossing the caber was brill but the Thunga Stones were magnificent - all grunting and groaning - and that was the spectators.
    Took some snaps with the Perkeo and Ilford Sporti - you know, Ilford really should bring that camera back in.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ainsley - Already have been; it was tiring but fun, and some of the music was excellent (the lass on alto sax with Cuba Vida could seriously play!). If I get some shots out of it too I'll be made up!

Sorry you and Brian couldn't make it (hope the hangover wears off soon, Brian..! )!

Andrea - Whisper sweet nothings in Simon's ear. Or buy him a pint (that tends to work even better)! I'd love to see your shots when they're done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin