Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,085   Online: 764

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think Opp North is favourite as we have been in the South (more or less) for the last two meetings and East Anglia before that.

We have been in the Lakes and Dales before so a trip up to Northumbria sounds like a good option - not least because I've not been up there with a camera before and I think it's a landscape that would suit my dusting off the 5x4 for...

Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Oooooop North

I kind of of quite fancy North Umbrialand - whatever it's called. I believe it's close to that border thang, near bonnies something or other...

But, I wouldn't want to get to close to that Scottish stuff. Otherwise, I will want to go straight to the Cuillins, Or skye...

I know that's far too far any way...

I would like to discuss this further please. That is not a no! just not sure peeps.

Mark and Norms

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it's Northumberland (or anywhere Northish) then it would probably be my first APUG Meet-Up. Turning 49 in March so a good excuse to spend my last year as a forty something doing enjoyable things.

Second thoughts - March, North of England, Enjoyable? Pack the thermals and waterproofs.
    So many drummers, so little time.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    ISTR Les lives up that way, so maybe he can give us the skinny on the best places to photograph, drink etc....
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'll come along. I live just a smidge north of Newcastle, and can probably help out if anyone needs a lift from a railway station.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Details of Northern stuff...

Please feel free to post as much info for soft southerners as you like please.

Thank you.

Mark Burley

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    FYI it's traditional in the northeast to go out in the coldest weather wearing practically nothing.My youngest sister once went for an interview at Newcastle University, and as she was on her way back to the station in a taxi these three girls wearing outfits that they'd just thrown on, and nearly missed, walked across the road in front of them. The taxi driver said to my sister "you'll not be needing your coat if you come here like pet"..for men a beergut the size of a zeppelin and a tattoo of the Newcastle United club crest are de rigeur like.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From the lansdcape point of view, Alnmouth is not the best spot on the coast, too sweet and picturesque. Further north toward Berwick offers more isolated and, IMO better landscape as well as access to The Cheviot Hills and some excellent countryside and coast just over the border.

There is one decent and relatively inexpensive B&B just a few miles from where I live but it will probably not be large enough to deal with the numbers. I'll check it out as well as looking for other places if there is an interest in the area that I have suggested.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why not somewhere central like Birmingham or Nottingham? At least everyone has an equal chance of making it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean View Post
    I'll check it out as well as looking for other places if there is an interest in the area that I have suggested.
    an excellent idea

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin