Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,311   Online: 949

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Gary,

If this were a one-off then I'd heartily agree with you. However it's our seventh (I'm having trouble believing that! :o ) so by now the central swathe of the country would be suffering from serious overuse!

By moving around like this we tend to give new people a chance from the local areas while giving the long-distance merchants a chance to point their cameras somewhere new.

Our last Gathering but one was Ross on Wye, which is not all that far from Brum, but we've not yet hit the North East...!

All the best,

Frank
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There's also the opportunity to group up and car share to reduce travelling cost.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi All

My vote is on Northumberland.

I spent two days in the area on my way back from Scotland and adored the area. I am so angry with myself beacause I went for the generic shots as my time was limited, yet I know that with more time on my hands I could come back with some real Gems.

Stoo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Northumberland awaits

I have been given permission to say that the 'royal we' would be very happy to accept a little run to Northumberland. So much so, that we might take a week or so extra in the wee blue van.

I guess that means - one is allowed to say we fancy that trip something rotten.

I await the full description of where we are staying Les!

But please don't feel like you're under any pressure though.

Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think Les might be preoccupied with his ongoing attempt to be in 15 places at once over the next few weeks! (At least, that's what it sounds like from his schedule! )

He did mention that Berwick might be a better bet than Alnmouth as being more central to various photogenic attractions, though.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

A little further North...

I've never been to this area, although I do have some odd little postcard books of Berwick from my Grandmother!

She was very partial to this bit of the UK so - it would be kind of cool to find her favourite spots and see what they look like today.

Which reminds me... In Canterbury, Delphine showed us some glorious period images from France etc. I thought they were superb - thanks for showing them Delphine.

One of my greatest treasures is an album (one of twenty six) from my great grandfather's time as a military attache in the Kyber Pass. He developed and printed something weekly, for over twenty years. The album I have has been prepared by him and hand lettered with captions for virtually all images. I think this album was created in 1910. Just about all the images are fairly well preserved. So would you all like to see it?

As for further North - you've probably gathered already that this would be fine by me. But I guess a proper vote should be in order.

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Burley View Post
    One of my greatest treasures is an album (one of twenty six) from my great grandfather's time as a military attache in the Kyber Pass. He developed and printed something weekly, for over twenty years. The album I have has been prepared by him and hand lettered with captions for virtually all images. I think this album was created in 1910. Just about all the images are fairly well preserved. So would you all like to see it?
    No question about it. YES.

I've inherited my dad's negatives which stretch across a life at sea in the twenties, and through the Sudan desert with the RAF in the early part of WWII, and some later. He filed the negs with care, but probably never saw them in print. I'm still scanning, though.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello, I do not post very often but if you do decide to come to the North East I might be able to come along (I live a few miles west of Newcastle). I am not much of a Landscape photographer but I do like Hadrian's wall and it can be reached by public transport.

Les

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What's this! I go away to visit my Dad for the weekend only to come back to find out that everyone's already agreed on the venue of the next meet.

Actually Northumberland, sounds fine to me as it's nowhere near the bottom of the M1 (with those damned roadworks) or dreaded the M25.

Looks like I might have to learn how to take landscapes though

Brian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Burley View Post
    Which reminds me... In Canterbury, Delphine showed us some glorious period images from France etc. I thought they were superb - thanks for showing them Delphine.

One of my greatest treasures is an album (one of twenty six) from my great grandfather's time as a military attache in the Kyber Pass. I think this album was created in 1910. Just about all the images are fairly well preserved. So would you all like to see it?

Mark
    Hi Mark,

I'd be very interested to see your great grand dad's album....

As for the photographs that I had brought over to Kent, the one which I admire the most is the carbon print of the general.
    Since then I read about carbon printing and found a photographer who does carbon print portraits. There is a full explanation of the carbon printing methodology in French. I'd be interested in visiting his gallery in Belgium.
    (For French and Dutch speakers, it is at this address: http://www.houyet-foto.be/version_fr...s/process.html)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin