Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,574   Posts: 1,545,703   Online: 758

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Spring 2008 Uk Apug Meet-Up - Where to go

Hello all

where shall we go in the Spring???

Dave Miller has already voted for Northumberland coast and I'll second that.

Alnmouth is a lovely place to stay with a couple of hotel type pubs, so I would suggest that as a possible base?

what do others think? Any other suggestions of locations - lets get a few running and have a poll if needs be?

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Northumberland like man (or Devon maybe if we want to go dahn sarf?)
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I like the idea of Northumberland. Alnmouth is a wonderful little place and, for those of us that are car-free, it's got a main line rail station about a mile from the village. Failing that, anywhere so long as there's good beer and food!

Rob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I like Northumberland as a venue too. Never been, but if it's in the opposite direction to the M25 that's good enough for me!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As I said previously, I'll follow the majority. I am car free, therefore, same as Rob, a railway station nearby is a requirement.

Also, I may not be avail on w/e 22/23 March as it is fin y/e close.

I looked up Alnmouth quicky online and I found these photos and information:

http://www.northumberland-cam.com/alnmouth/index.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If we settle on this venue we will have a poll to fix a date. First we need someone local to scout / advise on accommodation. For myself I would prefer to be further up the coast, but will bow to local knowledge and advice on this. March may be too cold for Frank, so we may have to move into early April when the sun is a little higher.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I drove up the A1 to Edinburgh back in '94, and remember some stunning must-return views along the Northumberland coast - some a little further north, I think.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    March may be too cold for Frank, so we may have to move into early April when the sun is a little higher.
    Less of that you Southern softy! I saw you shivering at Reculver, so make your own excuses!

(Having said that, I still have memories of the first Gathering when Keswick mud claimed many a Manfrotto! Perhaps April might be a more clement suggestion!)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Less of that you Southern softy! I saw you shivering at Reculver, so make your own excuses!

(Having said that, I still have memories of the first Gathering when Keswick mud claimed many a Manfrotto! Perhaps April might be a more clement suggestion!)

That was with excitement.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oh aye, brought you out in goosebumps!

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin