Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,257   Online: 852

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I would like to send over some prints for this show, great idea

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Following a suggestion made at the recent Canterbury meeting, the UK Council members have agreed to join in organising a public exhibition of subscribers work. It is intended that this will take place during the second half of 2008.

This exhibition will be entirely non-profit making and is aimed at advancing the ideals of APUG to a wider audience through the best medium possible: your quality prints. There will be no cash prizes, no awards or wages other than that of participation and seeing your work displayed alongside that of your peers.

Details of the rules, venues and submission details will be made available early in 2008.
    This sounds good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yup - anything I can do to help it along and I will (if I can fit it in between learning about contracts and criminals )

Will this be just for UK apug members or will it be opened up to international submissions?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think the U.K in the thread title might give it away Leon

Sorry, couldn't resist

Stoo

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    Maybe us Norwegians should arrange a trip over - and re-rename the islands to Suderøyane again?
    Ole. Don't be greedy. You still haven't relinquished the Shetlands, have you? They don't make whisky, aren't Celts and they burn longboats and have accents like nowhere else in Scotland.

I rest my case.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Exhibition...

I am happy to offer the services of my design studio. So if you want catalogues/programmes/posters/adverts putting together. I am happy to oblige. We can happily design and set the previous list. I would probably be able to find a set of reasonable litho printers too if required.

If we put together a halfway decent catalogue perhaps we could 'suggest' a few corporate sponsors might want to chip in costs wise. In return we could put some logos etc in a prominent place as a thank you may be?

We could also use my studio for compiling and mounting etc. If you want somewhere to assemble it all. We are one mile from junction 12 on the M1. (Toddington Service station is right next door) So we are reasonably central I guess.

Let me know what you think...

Mark

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hey , does it help that one set of my grandparents came from Scotland and the other set came from Wales.
    This isn't fair, I want to join in

Quote Originally Posted by Stoo Batchelor View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist

Stoo

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Ole. Don't be greedy. You still haven't relinquished the Shetlands, have you? They don't make whisky, aren't Celts and they burn longboats and have accents like nowhere else in Scotland.

I rest my case.

pentaxuser
    I take it you haven't tasted Scapa whisky? Please do - you won't regret it.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Burley View Post
    I am happy to offer the services of my design studio. So if you want catalogues/programmes/posters/adverts putting together. I am happy to oblige. We can happily design and set the previous list. I would probably be able to find a set of reasonable litho printers too if required.

If we put together a halfway decent catalogue perhaps we could 'suggest' a few corporate sponsors might want to chip in costs wise. In return we could put some logos etc in a prominent place as a thank you may be?

We could also use my studio for compiling and mounting etc. If you want somewhere to assemble it all. We are one mile from junction 12 on the M1. (Toddington Service station is right next door) So we are reasonably central I guess.
    Mark
    Thanks Mark, you were already in the frame for the printing, but thanks for volunteering; it will make the arm twisting much less painful.

The matting and framing is just about sorted, and we intend making approaches regarding sponsorship, more on that later.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoo Batchelor View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist

Stoo
    what am I like? (in my best ainsley harriott impression)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin