Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,548   Online: 945

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    To keep you informed, and to allow you to plan your submission, the following is provided as a broad outline of our plan, the small print will be circulated early next year as promised, and this thread up-dated as we proceed.

It is our intention that each UK subscriber will be able to submit up to 4 prints for consideration, of which a maximum of 2 will be exhibited. We envisage no more than forty prints being hung, selection will be by our own Les McLean. For logistical reasons we intend that the event will be limited to those resident in the UK. An entry fee will be required to help fund the event, the exact amount being dependent on the level of sponsorship that we manage to attract.

Prints made on any paper, using any process that conforms to the tenets of APUG will be accepted. For the sake of conformity they should be made on either 16x12, or 10x8 paper, and must be submitted unmounted and flat ready for matting and framing to uniform professional standards, please note that the frames used will be glazed. Prints must have a minimum border of 2 cm to assist with the matting process since they will be corner mounted. Within those parameters the printed image may be of any size, but instruction on matt aperture or positioning will not be taken. An exhibition catalogue will be made available on hanging.

At present it is our intention that the exhibition will be placed in a minimum of three venues in turn covering the North, South, and Midlands to provide the maximum coverage.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you for the update Dave.

Very well written, well thought out and easy to understand.

I look forward to the final draft next year.

Thanks to all involved.

Stoo

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Look forward to future updates. Thanks too to all those who have been involved in setting the wheels in motion.

Regards Daniel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well done Dave. Excellent idea
    Tim

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Definitely sounds exciting, looking forward to hearing more as you make things concrete. (Oh, and more than happy to volunteer to help, locations/day job/other commitments permitting, of course.)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds cool Dave. Will await further developments and instructions most happily.

Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    All sounds very exciting - what a great idea! If I can help out in any way in terms of publicity etc, please give me a shout.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is what I like about you guys in the UK - you just do it, you communicate clearly, regularly and in a single open channel, you're inclusive to the 'common' APUG members ... and your not trying to sell anything else on the side. I hope you guys align this with your spring 2008 get-together. It would make for a great event.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    The great aspect of this is that there will be a range of prints for everyone. Most commercial exhibitions are too specialized to cater for all tastes.

Well done

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    The great aspect of this is that there will be a range of prints for everyone. Most commercial exhibitions are too specialized to cater for all tastes.

Well done

pentaxuser
    It is our hope that there will be a full spectrum of printing styles and methods entered.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin