Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,969   Posts: 1,632,719   Online: 757

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Good service & price

Hi all

Just a short message to say that I've just received an order from Secondhand Darkroom Supplies. They are doing Ilford 8x10 RC Multigrade @£19.99 for 100 sheets plus 20 sheets free, but the best part for me is that p&p to the Highlands was only £4.95 for this and 1 litre bottle/2 packs of developer, whereas some others charge £17! The order was placed overnight Sunday/Monday, so a.m. delivery Wednesday is excellent. First time I've used them, but will certainly use again.

Peter

http://www.secondhanddarkroom.co.uk/....php?p=8&pno=0

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Always nice to hear of good service.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just bought a print washer from them, I got exactly what it said on the glass! Spot on and turned up when they said it would.

Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    They are extremely competitive and also keep a good stock of darkroom hardware. My one experience of buying a secondhand safelight from them is that they make no attempt to get you to buy what you don't need but dealt very straightforwardly with me. We need such places to stay in business.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm tempted by the jessops 8x10 printsafe on their site but the last time I looked their postage was more than the printsafe itself
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would certainly endorse all that has been said. I've bought several items from them over the past few years and their service is 'top draw'.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    I'm tempted by the jessops 8x10 printsafe on their site but the last time I looked their postage was more than the printsafe itself
    It seems there is always a trade-off involving prices and/or postage Heather. You're correct that their under-£30 postage rate (£7 or £8?) would be prohibitive on that papersafe, and there is therefore an inceentive to spend more and bring the postage down. In the paper example I gave, one other company wanted about £23 for 100 (not 120) sheets and had a minimum £17 postage to the Highlands, so effectively £40. Another company has a £25 min order plus quite expensive postage, but I was really just giving a bit of praise to a company who seem to want to keep analogue alive.

The downside is that I've had a look round the web to see where else might have had a bargain papersafe for you, and no good news to report at all, I'm afraid.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Peter Black - Thanks for looking A papersafe is just a convenience item for me... at the moment I'm using an ilford paper envelope+bag as a papersafe (sort of) to decant stuff from the 100-120 sheet boxes for easier and quicker handling.

The going rate for the 100 or 100+20 boxes seems to be £22 and I just have to take a bus to get to this place http://www.thedarkroom.co.uk so postage costs are a big thing if my "local"ish shop prices are to be beat. I realise postage must be a bigger problem if you live in those outlying territories where posties and delivery companies fear to trend Maybe one day soon I'll find a need for something else on Secondhand Darkroom's site to bring down that postage cost.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin