Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,480   Posts: 1,542,701   Online: 840

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Holliday View Post
    I went to SWPP, so not sure if this is worth a visit. Got my pass and would probably attend Sunday's event..not worth missing a day of work for it.

Is there public transport to the event?
    Yes, the train. The station is part of the centre.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Catch the train to Birmingham International.
    Its a well sign-posted 10 min covered walk from the railway station.
    If I ever go to the NEC, thats the way I do it
    Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm planning on going on the Monday.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be there today, and possibly Wednesday also.

(I live and work in Birmingham)

My company almost exhibited this year, but there just wasn't enough time - we are launching a home (garden) photo studio / workroom. Hopefully the first one gets put up for a photographer in Lincolnshire in the next 6 weeks. More info soon.

As for Focus being completely digital, I think that's a bit mean - there is lots there to do with traditional, and there is lots there which is common to both digital / analogue (such as lighting). There was the "redeye" mobile darkroom too, which I think may be there this year. I came away last year quite encouraged.
    Last edited by Matt5791; 02-24-2008 at 01:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any Ilford Harman news at Focus 08 ??

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Any Ilford Harman news at Focus 08 ??
    I went on Sunday. No product news from Harman and I was a bit disappointed with their stand, it was much smaller than last year. One side was digital, the other analogue and Kentmere had a small bit at one end.

I've only been going to Focus for the last 4 years and this was definitely the worst for analogue. The show is virtually all digital now, it's as if traditional photography doesn't exist. I normally stock up on paper and chemicals there, particularly Kentmere and Fotospeed. Harman don't sell stuff on their stand unlike Kentmere used to so there wasn't any paper to buy. Simon directed me to the RK Photographic stand which had a small quantity of paper and film. No Kentona unfortunately, which is what I wanted. Also, there were no chemicals to purchase anywhere other than Fotospeeds products on their stand. There was a Kaiser enlarger on the Fotospeed stand!!

One haven was a combined stand called the Hub, which was run by Linhof, Alpa, the BJP, Light and Land, and Ag magazine. They had some Bergger paper and film. Also heard a good talk there by David Ward.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
    I went on Sunday. No product news from Harman and I was a bit disappointed with their stand, it was much smaller than last year. One side was digital, the other analogue and Kentmere had a small bit at one end.

Mike
    Yes, the Ilford stand was smaller, and pretty basic actually. However, having looked at exhibiting ourselves this year, and looked at the costs, I guess, all said and done, Harman's stand probalby cost £20K when you take into account the floor space at about £6-7K and then the stand itself, everyones time, etc.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Well Mike's and Matt's posts may explain why this whole thread has excited such little interest on APUG. Sounds as if I have saved a bunch of money by not bothering to go which can go on materials. I suspect the report on next year's Focus on Imaging will be concluding that 2009 was the worst for analogue exceeding even 2008. Might be the worst for digital too. Mobile phone exhibitions will be the place to go for digital imaging. The next door neighbour has a 5MP compact but has since got a 3MP phone which covers both functions in the way the vast majority of Joe Public wants. The digi compact camera she had? RIP.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yea, Ilford Harman have a couple of things in the pipeline and I was wondering if they had any news.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin