Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,778   Online: 711

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Whether the weather is worse or wetter

This weather stuff is getting serious, my darkroom water supply has frozen for the first time. What’s a chap to do now? Inkjets?:o
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Light a fire with the millions of trees worth of out of date digital equipment brochures which must be in the world and melt your iced up pipes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David,the weather here in eastern Canada is like a jet engine.........."It sucks & blows"
    Most snow we've had in years combined with psychotic shifts in temperture.It's -27c (wind chill factor included) this morning but going up to +9 on Monday and rain is forcast.Got some wonderful street flood shots last week which were tempered by my kitchen ceiling springing 3 leaks.
    Stone the bloody crows but I'll be glad when the season changes.

Noah (formerly known as Mike)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Geeez Dave, I would have thought you only had to lift the pipes up above the perma-frost line then you would be sweet

Actually, I just checked out the weather map for parts of the UK, interesting reading. I like the bit about Leeds, sunny current temp +4C feels like 4C, then I switched to Newcastle upon Tyne, Haze +4C feels like 1C.

As I write this it is 2300 hrs here and the outside temp has cooled down to 22.8C. I don't think we'll need the ceiling fan tonight in the bedroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    Inkjets?:o
    David..........no bad language on a public forum please

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    Geeez Dave, I would have thought you only had to lift the pipes up above the perma-frost line then you would be sweet

Actually, I just checked out the weather map for parts of the UK, interesting reading. I like the bit about Leeds, sunny current temp +4C feels like 4C, then I switched to Newcastle upon Tyne, Haze +4C feels like 1C.

As I write this it is 2300 hrs here and the outside temp has cooled down to 22.8C. I don't think we'll need the ceiling fan tonight in the bedroom
    Mick, make up your own exceedingly rude reply and insert it.
    Last edited by Dave Miller; 02-17-2008 at 08:32 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: here removed
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post

Good Lord, first time I think I've ever been thankful to be in Leeds. It's been a beautiful weekend up here - went out in sunglasses & short sleeved shirt earlier, feels a lot warmer than 4C. (That may just be because we get inured to awful weather up here, mind...)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's really nice down here too. Bright sun, no wind, just cool enough to stop yourself getting too hot on a long walk.

Off topic question: Why is the light always at its best when I am on my way home having used up all of my film?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    Good Lord, first time I think I've ever been thankful to be in Leeds. It's been a beautiful weekend up here - went out in sunglasses & short sleeved shirt earlier, feels a lot warmer than 4C. (That may just be because we get inured to awful weather up here, mind...)
    But the Geordies go out in t-shirts when it's -5C... Plus a -5C wind-chill... And sleeting...

As a fully paid-up southern softie, I put the fleece jacket on at anything below 15C...

Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The weather is just gorgeous here at the moment, if cold.

As far as the darkroom goes, this is a much better time for using it for me than in excessive heat like two summers ago - then I can only print in the morning before the sun comes round and fries me under the roof...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin