Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,424   Online: 1042

Shooter
    35mm

Classic Voigtlander Service

Hi

I have a couple of old voigtlander cameras (Vito B and Vito IIa) which could do with a service (slow speeds, dusty lenses). Does anyone know of someone who can do this properly? Thanks

Ritchie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Dusty and Service...

Luton Camera repairs in Bedfordshire can be trusted if all else fails. They have always done a stirling job on any camera I have taken in.

Emails to service@lutoncameras.co.uk

Good luck with it - Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I believe this guy does Voigtlander repair, along with Zeiss Ikon. I've been told he's very good. If he doesn't do them then he'll probably know somebody than can.

Ed Trzoska
    Europhoto Services
    150 Harrow Gate Drive
    Birstall
    Leicester, LE4 3GP
    0116 267 4247

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Another good repairers for older cameras:
    www.newtonellis.co.uk
    I use them a lot.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Newton Ellis quoted a 4 week turnaround when I asked them for a quote a few weeks ago. They also wanted twice as much as the Exakta Circle repair guy I eventually found.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishy View Post
    Newton Ellis quoted a 4 week turnaround when I asked them for a quote a few weeks ago. They also wanted twice as much as the Exakta Circle repair guy I eventually found.
    You must have caught them at a busy time - 2 weeks is normal, although a repair of a specific model may of course take longer because only 1 guy can do it. The last time I tried Ed Trzoska, he was talking a 6-week turnaround.
    Inevitably a larger company with overheads will charge more than a guy working on his own. I like Newton Ellis because they have been able to do good repairs on everything I have sent (including things like a Retina Reflex, which a lot of repairers won't touch, and a Day studio shutter, which most repairers have never heard of). Maybe in your case the Exakta expert was on holiday or had 'flu!

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ed doesn't deal with Exaktas (Not a huge number in regular use I'm sure, and they have plenty of excentricities). he pointed me in the direction of Tom Page.

Of course I'm comparing a one man band who works from home to a company, different overheads of course. But equally if they're doing the same job (And I'd argue one bloke that deals exclusively with Exaktas will probably do a better job anyway) would you rather if you track down a good one man band or send it to a company who'll cost more.
    In fairness, the strengh of a recommendation for Newton Ellis was "Their website says they do Exaktas", where as half the Exakta circle seem to sing Tom's praises.

Anyway, Can't harm to give a second place to look at, get a quote and make a value judgement over.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thnks for the recommendations, Ritchie

Shooter
    35mm RF

Exakta repair

Quote Originally Posted by Wishy View Post
    So who is the mysterious "Exakta Circle repair guy", or does one have to join the Circle/coven to find out?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pinotgraves View Post
    So who is the mysterious "Exakta Circle repair guy", or does one have to join the Circle/coven to find out?
    Ton Page - Did mention his name in the thread.

PM Me for address / phone number if you have an Exakta in need of service

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin