Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,433   Online: 1063

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

APUG UK Spring Weekend

Sean has told me that he has altered the "Workshop Gallery" so that it now takes the picture details in the same way as the main gallery.
    So if this omission has been holding you back, it need do so no longer.
    You are now free to post your collective masterpieces from Seahouses and beyond for the gratification of the world, the universe, and everything.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So far I only have 3 unfinished prints. Hope to get a couple of finished ones by the weekend. However, in the meantime, some may have just about noticed me being a nuisance with a camcorder at the time; the results are here ...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice one Bob. Who is the dissenter( Capt Oates?) walking away from the group at the cross roads and did he say he may be away for some time? It was cold enough for such sentiments Seems incredible that it was only a month ago. I am watching this in my study in short sleeves which normally requires the central heating on even in May and back in April needed that plus the gas fire.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Phew! I came out of that quite well!

Sums up the weekend very well, well done Bob. Les' attempt at a snowman look alike was also very successful.

Looks like you might have some great prints. I look forward to viewing them.

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Very interesting Bob, but please don't give up the day job.
    Capt Oates was me, I was wary of Les leading us into another snow bound hell hole from which there would be no return. To tell the truth I had a call of nature to answer.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm
    Dave Glad the Capt Oates mystery is cleared up. As it appears to be the "wilds" you were in and it was a call of nature, then to move the analogy onwards but a few short years to WWI, does that mean that there is "a corner of a foreign( Geordie) field that is forever Dave Miller

My humble apologies to Rupert Brooke.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,

Well done and many thanks for doing this as I was able to show my wife what a heck of a hard weekend this was just in case she though I had enjoyed myself :-) A great record of an exceptional photo do !

Cheers, Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    So far I only have 3 unfinished prints. Hope to get a couple of finished ones by the weekend. However, in the meantime, some may have just about noticed me being a nuisance with a camcorder at the time; the results are here ...

Cheers, Bob.
    Many thanks for this Bob, as I now have a better idea of what I missed out on! I'd have replied earlier but your message links have had me away on singalonga Leonard, so quite a shift from your recent Kate Rusby phase.

Could I be bold enough to seek a PM from the owner of the Citroen Picasso that featured in the snowy segment of the video as I've a couple of questions on that big sunroof it has?

Many thanks, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had an email from a Mr. Spielberg as it happens.

Unfortunately, it seems he is stuck in a West African country and requires my assistance to help him move 10 trillion dollars out of said country to finance his latest film. I have to say, he may make great films but his grammar and spelling are atrocious and I can not imagine why he insists on writing in all capitals...

Peter: you must have missed my Imagined Village and Eliza Carthy phases .
    Ask away: the motorised carriage in question is mine.

Cheers, Bob.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention: you were all luckier than you think as about half of the video was lost as some parts of the mini-DVDs the camcorder uses were unreadable. A digital lesson for us all there methinks...

Also, I will be taking it down after a week or so. It contains recognisable people (well, recognisable if you know who they are...) so I don't think it right for it to remain in the public domain.
    Last edited by Bob F.; 05-09-2008 at 09:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bob, I'm gutted, after all the rehearsals you put us through, now you tell us you're taking it off; what a let down. By the way try HP5 next time in the digi-cam, much better prints from that.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin