Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,480   Posts: 1,542,693   Online: 841

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Darkroom equipment

If anyone in the UK, particularly the West Midlands, is wanting to set up a darkroom get in touch.

I have at least 3 enlargers (2 35mm one 35mm/6x6), spare dev tanks, trays, safe-lights etc, pretty much everything you'd need. They will be listed in the classified in a week or two.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ian

I've been messing about for a few weeks getting a darkroom in place. Last week I trecked over to Chorley to collect a B&W Ilfospeed Enlarger only to find the screwthread was not suitable for the lens I bought from RJ. And just this evening I bought some smallish (10x8) trays, 2 dev tanks, a thermometer and two darkroom safelights off e-Bay - I collect tomorrow.

Are you selling bits seperately or the whole thing as a job lot? I am interested to hear about your enlargers. What make and models are they? PM me if you'd prefer.

I live in Derby

Ted
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just acquired yet another enlarger, Meopta Axomat 5 (35mm B&W), free to anyone who wants to come & collect.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Where abouts in the west mids, and would you be ok waiting until tues, as thats the next time I can drive down to collect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problem, PM sent. BTW the enlarger was rescued from the local tip It was just sat as if ready for use !!!

Ian

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    No problem, PM sent. BTW the enlarger was rescued from the local tip It was just sat as if ready for use !!!

Ian
    Do you spend your weekends bin diving?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was throwing out what remained of my worn out Durst M601, I'd stripped it to repaint, and 8 years later . . . . .

3 years ago a BMW estate pulled up alongside me, in the back an enlarger, after he put his garden rubbish in the skip I asked what he was doing with the enlarger . . . . . so I had it with the band new 50mm Componon S lens. Amazing what goes for landfill with no attempt to sell first.

The I rescued the Meopta yesterday specifically to give away here, knowing that if no-one wanted it I could give it to the college I used to work at instead.

Ian

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Oh I thought maybe it was an archaeological thing as so many good finds are made in ancient tips. Nothing changes...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No the archaeological things are going in the classifieds later this week.

Paterson tanks - original series, second series - Major II's, various sizes, early Photax, Nebro etc . . . . . Plus I have some vintage paper and developer as well. Will be very nostalgic for a select few

Not sure yet what to do with the exceedingly rare 1946 Gnome enlarger, lamp housing looks more like a motor bike piston cylinder with all it's cooling fins painted red & black. I bought it new !!!!!

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 06-19-2008 at 03:39 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin