Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,614   Online: 794

Shooter
    35mm

Les Rencontres d'Arles

I've reposted this thread here. (previously it was in Geographic locations). Hopefully it might get a response.

Does anyone have any experience of Les Rencontres d'Arles? Probably too late to arrange anything this time, but certainly looking to next year. I would be travelling from the UK via the Eurostar/TGV network.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Roger Hicks, who has not posted here for quite a while, used to comment on this - not all of it favourable.

He may answer a a PM or you could contact him via his website: http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Arles is absolutely wonderful but it is on right now so I think it is going to be tricky to get there! The actual exhibitions are on for some time, but all the fun happens in the opening week; parties, openings, meeting, talks and the film and slide shows in the Ampitheatre each evening. I couldn't make it this year due to moving studios, so I will be calling some friends who are there soon to get a report. If you go next year, book a hotel well in advance, months in advance, maybe even a year in advance. Sadly the train, which is a great way to get there is usually a lot more expensive than Ryanair to Nimes.

All the best
    Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you Steve and Mike. Good advice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is something I'd really like to attend as well David, at some stage. Who knows - maybe next year.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Spoke to friends in Arles earlier and they are having a fine time. Tonight the presentations are by Josef Koudelka and Christian Lacroix.
    http://www.rencontres-arles.com/ARL/...age&ID=ARLP231
    Not together I trust. Or maybe it is Koudelka dressed in Lacroix!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks again Mike. Making plans for next year. Good luck with your move!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin