Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,040   Online: 930

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    My vote goes to Newton Ellis - they have worked their way through numerous Leicas, Nikon F3s and view camera shutters for me, good job every time, and do not shrink from "difficult" cameras like Kodak Retina Reflexes which other repairmen will not touch (the NE guys are enthusiastic users of old cameras).

They did a Day studio shutter for me, too, which is quite an obscure item. Their self-imposed standards are very high - once an extractor tool broke while they were trying to unscrew an optical group from a view camera lens, resulting in a very small scratch to an internal glass surface which I couldn't even see - nonetheless, they apologised and refused payment for this job.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jeffery View Post
    Newton Ellis

WEB: - http://www.newton-ellis.co.uk/
    Phone: - 0151 236 1391
    Address: - 29 Cheapside Liverpool L2 2DY UK
    Recommend also:

1 x Rolleicord Vb - service, slow speeds
    1 x Rolleiflex 3.5f - service, slow speeds and small dent in base

Excellent work and fast turnaround

Shooter
    35mm

Repairer

Can recommend SLR cameras repairs at Bletchley, especially for mechanical Minoltas like X-700

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd recommend APM in Newcastle I've used them to sort out problems with Nikon FM and FM2s – good prices and some very interesting second-hand stock.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's a couple more from my Dad; the first is useful for Pentax owners, whilst the second useful if you want a lens re-coated:

Harrow Technical - Pentax
    020 8938 4660
    http://www.harrowtechnical.co.uk/

Does a decent job for a reasonable price [see website for details]
    Can take from 10 days to 3 or 4 weeks depending on work load

Recommend? If you want a straight forward service - Yes.
    Otherwise note carefully everything you want done and he will give an estimate.

Optical Instruments (Balham)
    020 8664 9799
    http://www.optil.co.uk/

Not had enough back from them to make a clear judgement.
    Took in a 50mm f1.2 Canon ltm and a collapsible Summicron for re-coating, which also jammed when I tried to extend it.
    The Canon is still there along with 2 Canonflex lenses in for a general service.
    They also re-silver things like prisms and range finders and I think mirrors

Polishing and re-coating - excellent

These people are very busy so anything you send them will be gone for a loooong time.
    Be aware that TLRs cost more [2 lenses] - new coating on 1 lens and old coating on the other looks very odd when the time comes to sell it.
    They will do it though, if you want them to.

They don't take cards, so if you go in person take cash, or post a cheque.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Optical Instruments Balham are ok if you're prepared to wait several months to see your gear again. I sent them a Canon GIII QL17 to have the lens cleaned and recoated. It took nearly five months. I wouldn't mind if they said upfront how long it might take.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,

Are there any other lens repairers in the London & South East area OTHER than Sendean?

Marcus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have used Luton Camera Repairs for both my Hasselbad body and lenses. Plus Nikon Pro 90xs and various Nikon lenses. All repairs carried reasonably quickly and eificiently. So far no complaints what so ever.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can't recommend any repairers but found the comments/recommendations very usefull......Thanks Lads.

Cheers Dave

sjg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just used Michael Spencer at www.camerarepairs-r-us.co.uk for an OM2n service - good work, pretty fast turnaround

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin