Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,189   Online: 1114

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anyone recommend a place to fix a broken off pin on an RZ67 film magazine?

Cheers Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Dawson View Post
    Anyone recommend a place to fix a broken off pin on an RZ67 film magazine?

Cheers Dave
    and also bash a bad dent out of the front panel on a TLR Rollieflex f2.8 above the viewing lens that I bought today for a 'song'

Shooter
    35mm
    Just thought I would give a mention to Vacuum Coatings http://www.scientificmirrors.co.uk/.

I have just had two mirrors from Peak Model 1 grain focusers cleaned and re-coated for £15.
    The turnaround time was about one month.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Highly recommend:

Norfolk Camera Centre

http://norfolkcameracentre.co.uk/

01362 693506

11 Nelson Place Dereham Norfolk NR19 1EA

Very knowledgeable of most cameras, and good on prices.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For Mamiya cameras & lenses of all kinds, I'd recommend:

Chen Parmar
    020 8737 7936

He's located out in Hounslow, West London. I was referred to him by Fixation of London; as they work nearly exclusively on Canon & Nikon gear, they told me they send the occasional bit of Mamiya kit that comes their way to him.

I've hand-delivered my gear to Mr. Parmar on the occasions I've used his service. He always has everything ready within four or five days, and his prices are fairly reasonable. He's fixed TLR lenses for me, serviced an RB-67 lens, and repaired a back that had broken down.

I've been completely pleased with his service.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks that's useful. I had my Mamiya 645S repaired/serviced by the importers & it came back with the same faults the first time and a chipped prism the second and it still clips off one edge of the image. They also botched the replacement of the diaphragm on a Tamron 17mm wide angle.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I know this is an old thread but rather than start a new one I would like to recommend Brian Mickleboro. My Rolleiflex 3.5F had a sticky shutter release, dodgy 1s shutter speed and a depth of field indicator that had lost its connection to the aperture dial (the usual problems of a camera that had not been used for years). He turned it round in a week for a very reasonable cost and I have a 3.5F that feels new! He seems a nice guy to deal with on the phone too.

Mr. Brian Mickleboro,
    6 Fairway
    Bishop's Stortford
    Herts, CM23 5LT
    e-mail: bjmick@aol.com
    Phone 01279 755862

'Formerly of The Studio Workshop, London. Mr. Mickleboro is factory trained and has 30-40 years of experience in servicing Rollei cameras'

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can add to the recommendation for Newton Ellis in Liverpool. The fixed the broken frame counter on my little Yashica 72E half-frame, and their price was within their telephone diagnosis when I described the problem to them. When the camera came back, they'd also got the selenium meter working, and tightened up the wobbly lens assembly, at no extra charge.

I can also recommend Protech Photographic, at http://www.protechrepairs.co.uk/. They were recommended to me by other Contax users, and they repaired my Contax 167MT when the electronic readouts on the LCD and in the viewfinder packed up. Once again, spot on with the telephone estimate and diagnosis, and a speedy turnaround.
    Alex

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Cameratiks in Edinburgh did a good job on my Pentax 67II - would recommend them to others.

http://www.camerabase.demon.co.uk/linktiks.html

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Protech camera repairers in Sussex http://www.protechrepairs.co.uk/
    A small outfit asscoiated with mxv photographic. I sent in a Mamiya Sekor C 65mm for a service and it came back quickly, and they did a superb job for a very reasonable price. I'd certainly use them again.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin