Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,938   Online: 1058

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anyone had a Super Ikonta repaired recently? Needs new bellows as a starting point, also wants a CLA and lens clean.
    My usual repairers (Black on White, PJ Camera repair) have both declined the work due to parts

Shooter
    35mm
    I have has some items cleaned/serviced by 'Protech' in Sussex (around the Uckfield-Crowborough area). (www.protech.co.uk) They will tackle most things and even some digital as well. A one man operation but his work is good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishy View Post
    Anyone had a Super Ikonta repaired recently? Needs new bellows as a starting point, also wants a CLA and lens clean.
    My usual repairers (Black on White, PJ Camera repair) have both declined the work due to parts
    I didn't see this earlier, there's a couple at camera fairs with a box full of original bellows for various120/35mm folding cameras quite inexpensive (£2ish). They are quite easy to replace. I'd guess the box came from Custom (Camera) B.ellows who had a stand at Wolverhampton camera Fair a couple of years ago, (the couple are involved in organising the fairs).

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm surpised noone has mentioned Miles Whitehead, he has repaired assorted Pentax & Olympus Cameras for me as well as CLA'ing Large format shutters. Very reasonable prices too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Misses mentioned she used www.youcamfix.co.uk and seemed to do the job.
    Believe they are a courier, so dont think matters where you currently are.

Is there any benefit or disadvantage to courier services?
    Or is it just down to reputation at the end of the day

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have recently had great service from Linhof Studio (http://www.linhofstudio.com/), for Copal Shutter repairs on a Schneider LF lens.

They seem to have a supply of OEM (original equipment manufacturer) replacement parts which they use to replace failed components

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The phrase OEM is mired in confusion these days.
    It originally meant "100% compatible with, but manufactured by someone other than, the brand name maker" but now seems to be often used to mean "manufactured by the brand name maker".

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin