Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,684   Online: 1220

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, thanks Leon, sorry if I misquoted. Any takers from the UK side want to rally the troops on this ?
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone.
    As far as organising a UK contingent of Apuggers goes, the logistics of this for me is a bit over my head. Due to a shift in my workload and part change of job I'm finding managing my spare time increasingly difficult. It's caused my photography pursuits to fall by the wayside (still haven't printed those negs from our West Cornwall trip Andrew !!)
    However, I'm really looking forward to this visit and also the Uk meet we're having here in a few weeks. I think as Leon says, most people will have to just 'wing it' so to speak. I'll definately be on hand nearer the time to help anyone in anyway I can and it's possible I could offer accommodation (probably the darkroom floor!) for one person for a few days.
    Anybody wanting to book hotels etc for this trip is advised to do it VERY early to avoid disappointment. Also, as has been said, avoid school holidays like the plague.

PM me anyone who wants info / advice.

Thomas - sorry to hear you're not making this trip, was looking forward to meeting the person behind all the good work I keep seeing here.

Cheers
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Okay, thanks Leon, sorry if I misquoted. Any takers from the UK side want to rally the troops on this ?
    Hi there,

As Bill mentions I also think anyone coming from the UK would be best adavised to wing it, or form small groups, as trying to book one large hotel for an uncertain amount of people is impossible in my experience. I would advise using the web to find suitable B&Bs, smaller hotels, campsites, cottages etc and book as early as possible.

Maybe Bill or I could collate the names of those from the UK who are definitely coming so we have some idea of the size of the UK group and where everyone will be staying – mobile phone numbers may also be handy. I don’t mind doing this as I have more time than Bill (being retired at last!) and if I receive the information from those who have decided to come (PM or email OK) I will do this and post an list on APUG to keep everyone on this side updated on the UK group.

Once everyone is here there should little problem in meeting up and deciding what people are going to do, or if they are going to go off for awhile and do there own thing and meet up again later. As long as everyone is kept up to date with what is going on they can make their own decisions I think as the weekend progresses.

Anyway if the UK members feel this idea would be of use I would be happy to oblige.

Neil.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bill spears View Post
    ... and it's possible I could offer accommodation (probably the darkroom floor!) for one person for a few days.
    Hey Bill - judging by the state of my bank account, I might just have to take you up on that kind offer. There's nothing more comfy than a cornish darkroom floor in my experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll put you 1st on the list Leon. My Darkrooms quite plush actually - carpet and central heating !
    This is assuming I'll still be renting the same property 12 months from now - hopefully will be . Will keep you informed.
    If anyone else wants 2nd or 3rd refusal let me know.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Guys, are you aware that the UK APUG group will be meeting in Penzance (by a happy co-incidence) the weekend of Fri 24th, Sat 25th & Sun 26th ?

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought this thread was in reference to a trip planned for 2010.

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom, it is for 2010
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    Guys, are you aware that the UK APUG group will be meeting in Penzance (by a happy co-incidence) the weekend of Fri 24th, Sat 25th & Sun 26th ?

Martin

Martin, this is for 2010 not 2009 An easy mistake to make !!! Can you make it in 2010 as well as 2009 ?

Neil.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Tom, it is for 2010
    Dooh ! Dooh ! Dooh ! Dooh ! Dooh ! Dooh ! :rolleyes:

Now I might just about be able to manage 2010

Sadly. getting to the 2009 event is much less likely

Martin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin