Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,666   Posts: 1,668,980   Online: 1019

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A few would be good enough for me - thanks guys. Looking forward to it even more then...

My pass is really only for the first four days. But after we've done what the boss wants to do later in the week it may be possible to catch up with you all in the evenings.

I may be able to convince the lovely Norma to meet up with you later Neil. Would your other half be around to may be catch up over a bite to eat as well?

Shooter
    35mm
    A bit to far from the West Midlands however I am working in Cornwall a fair buit in the summer so dependant upon where and when I ight be able to meet up one evening
    There Is A Bustle In My Hedgerow

My Film Shots On Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Burley View Post
    A few would be good enough for me - thanks guys. Looking forward to it even more then...

My pass is really only for the first four days. But after we've done what the boss wants to do later in the week it may be possible to catch up with you all in the evenings.

I may be able to convince the lovely Norma to meet up with you later Neil. Would your other half be around to may be catch up over a bite to eat as well?

Mark,

No problems with an evening meet for a bite etc after the 27th with Jean present of course - it would be good to catch up with Norma and yourself again. Keep in touch and I'm sure we can sort something out. I have Stoo's mobile number so will be contacting him on the 27th (late PM) to see what is going on.

Cheers,

Neil.
    neil souch

The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.

Aristotle

www.mono-inthedark.co.uk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I won't be able to make that one as I will be out of the country. But I am sure that you'll all have a fab time. May the weather be with you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Note sure that the US guys can logistically bring prints over without damaging them.... I'll see what I can do, but it might be a few wet plate alumitype images as they are bit more resistant to bending etc! I'll varnish a few before I pack them.

Before We come over, I will provide a local contact phone number where messages could be left. We won't have cell phones. I will also be bring a few FRS radio transmitters for folks to use when we are in the field. They are legal in the US, but not sure if they are in the UK. I have a garmin GPS with built in FRS so if any of you have one of those bring it. It might help coral the troops while we are out shooting.

Looking forward ot meeting you folks. Should be a blast. So far, the US contingent is myself, David 'Ike' Eisenlord, Thomas Bertilsson, and Daniel Lin. My sister will be hanging out with us for a little too with her digital... She is local to Marazion.

A.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Might be a problem with using FRS in the UK Andrew. I think the frequencies are the same as used by our emergency services and can cause interference etc..
    I'm not knowledgable in this stuff but doing some searches there were a few scare stories of people having them confiscated and being fined when trying to bring them into the country.
    Someone else here may know more ??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bill spears View Post
    Might be a problem with using FRS in the UK Andrew...
    The Wikipedia says in Europe...

"FRS frequencies are used for fire brigade communications and this sometimes causes problems when FRS equipment is imported from the U.S. and used without awareness of the consequences by members of the public"

Might be better to get PAYGO cellphone sim's if you have tri-band phones?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yikes!! Might leave them at home!!
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Note sure that the US guys can logistically bring prints over without damaging them....
    A.
    I fly regularly with 16"x12" prints in my luggage, non damaged so far I'll bring a few down with me next week.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm really sorry to say I'm not going to be able to come down to cornwall now. I am totally gutted to miss this opportunity ... maybe I'll make it over to you instead soon.

hope you all have a great time.

Leon

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin