Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,400   Online: 977

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Huge shame Leon - we have not had a chance to catch up for a while. You'll be sorely missed Guv. Get in touch soon.

Fingers crossed for the flights running OK - at least some are getting through now. Is this affecting you too Ian?

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leon was going to stay with me for a night or two ....pity

As far as it looks at the moment Mark it's just you and Stoo, and possibly Ian ?
    Digital photography is like virtual sex........ you never actually touch the real thing..... or get your hands dirty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bill spears View Post
    Leon was going to stay with me for a night or two ....pity

As far as it looks at the moment Mark it's just you and Stoo, and possibly Ian ?
    Will be there, possibly two others from LF forum joining us for a day or two. Will speak late Bill.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like our flights are still on at this point! So fingers crossed we are good to go. Will knowmore obviously on Friday.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, after a chat with Ike, Thomas on the phone and emails to them and Daniel via APUG, the concensus is to bag the trip. We might make it out of the US on our scheduled time, but we have no way of knowing if the back end of our trip is going to have 'ash' related problems for leaving the UK. Some of us do not have flexibility vaction time wise, or financially to roll the dice and gamble on nothing happening. To that end, I am not comfortable asking people to participate in flying over to what is supposed to be an enjoyable trip to England if all we are worried about it wondering if we can leave or not. It does not promote a stress free vacation and give us the down time we sought with this trip.

So while it pains the US contingent, I am going to have to side with the folks who are not comfortable in flying and postpone the trip to April 2011. Our cottage landlady has allowed us to extend our deposit into the 2011 season. What this volcano will do in a weeks time or even a years time is anyone guess, as historical events have shown us with this thing, it can go on for months.

So I apologize to the UK contingent who planned to meet up with us that we will not be able to make the trip this year.

Sincerely

Andrew Moxom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While it's a great shame that you've all had to make that decision it's also quite understandable so makes sense. It has been a reason in extending my own stay in the UK longer than planned. Hopefully we'll catch up with you next year.

Meanwhile some of the UK contingent will still hopefully meet up this coming weekend. Thanks for letting us know Andrew, no apologies needed.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian, I am not ruling out traveling myself as the flight is still booked!! I could come out to stay with my family and meet up with you guys, but I need to talk it over with my wife first though. Then there is next year aswell!!! A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very disappointing
    Digital photography is like virtual sex........ you never actually touch the real thing..... or get your hands dirty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear this news Andrew, but it is perfectly understandable. We all look forward welcoming you to Cornwall whenever you can next make the trip.

Neil.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Its very understandable - but also disappointing too. I will still be going as we've committed to an apartment for a week. I'll PM (the Brits) you guys with my mobile etc. That way we can catch up. That would be great in any case.

Who are the other LF guys Ian - anyone I know?

I'm staying in Marazion and will be in front of the mount Saturday am for the sunrise. If you fancy joining me, that's fine.

Cheers all - Mark

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin