Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,743   Online: 1017

Shooter
    Multi Format

Studio flash hire in East Anglia

Is there anywhere in East Anglia that I can hire studio flash equipment, or do I have to go into London?

In January I will be needing some basic lighting gear near Eye in Suffolk. I know that I can rent truckloads of grip equipment from various places in London, but I was wondering if there are any local hire companies that I have missed in my googling.

What I need is one good light of about 500 Ws, preferably with a shoot-through umbrella softbox, plus stand. Maybe a second light and/or a more powerful light into a big softbox if logistics allow, but I prefer to keep things simple and compact.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure about hire places, but if you have some spare time on your trip, would you be interested in meeting up for some shooting etc. ?

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tom I'd love to meet up. For some reason East Anglia has featured widely in the background reading to several of my current obsessions (everything from Orford Ness to pingos in the Breckland). From the look of your website I'm sure we could find some common ground.

Sadly, the January trip is going to be a quick in-and-out with all the kids in tow. It's a wedding, with all my wife's family assembled, including a large number flying in from China, so any spare moments will be spent hobnobbing.

A Fife proverb runs: "Good intentions ne'er boiled a haddock", but in any case I'll put the invite on file until I can wangle a trip with fewer distractions.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin