Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,571   Online: 1051

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was hoping to make it to Brighton, but I realize now that it is doubtful that I will be well enough to make it on Saturday as I displaced a rib recently and I am having a slower recovery than I had expected.:rolleyes:

Do report back on your visit !

Dee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm sorry to hear that Dee I'll be happy to report back what happens.
    I have a bit of a cold but have decided I'm going to drag myself to Brighton any which way I have to Doesn't matter how much time it might take me or how many cold remedies I have to take, I'm going! I'm still aiming to be there around 2 (though I might try to get to Brighton a bit earlier so I can go have pie and mash for lunch at Pokeno Pies )
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've made a helpful little map. I hope it works.
    google maps map of brighton I've added my recommendations for food/chocolate It looks kind of far on the map but it's not really, just give yourself some time. Brighton's really pretty if you like the semi-derelict paint-peeling looking so don't forget the cameras.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The dark van was really cool! The camera is very awesome. If anyone is in the area and doesn't have anything to do tomorrow, I highly recommend visiting it.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'd just like to echo Heather's words and say a big thank you to Heather for the heads up on the event

hopefully one day we might see a print of us on the beach, did I miss anything after I had to leave?
    enjoy and be well

Seamus
    www.seamusryan.com www.canvaszone.co.uk

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Hello

Hello APUG

Thanks too all for coming down to Brighton to see the Darkvan, and thanks to Heather for rallying the troops.
    If you were brave enough to come down on the sunday i'm sorry we weren't at the van. The wind and rain was too much for even the bravest of photographers! though we did Still screen some super8 movies from the van in the evening.

I hope you had a good day, the process was not fully behaving itself!! it required a good few hours of filtering the silver bath to remedy and with plates 18x22" its a lot of Silver! but we still had a few interesting plates too show.

Thanks again and keep an eye on the darkvan website, we will be out and about again soon. But will be working currently until January on a wet plate and Standard 8 Film series called the Weathermen, which will be on show in Maidstone, Kent, somewhere at the end of January.

Thanks again

Sebastian Edge and Dominic Devere

Ps, attached is a copy of your plate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darkvan-Wet-Collodion-Brigh.jpg  
    Last edited by Darkvan; 11-02-2008 at 08:21 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Additonal Event

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin